MTNL (General) MTNL to upgrade broadband speed

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 28,337
According to TRAI guidelines, Telecom company must provide any hidden details when advertising about Broadband speeds. So when MTNL says its upgrading all existing customers to MINIMUM 2 Mbps speed. Then post FUP speed should be 2 Mbps. Otherwise TRAI should act against MTNL for false/misleading advertisement.

Whatever happens to BSNL customers will happen to MTNL customers as well... can only wait and watch instead of speculating...

Nothing is going to happen guys. At the most 8 mbps people will get 9 mbps.

I have crossed fup and post fup speed is still 1.5 mbps.

During the Digital India week an announcement was made that MTNL has successfully tested their New Generation Networks (NGN) which can give higher speeds (By how much was not mentioned) on the existing copper wires & that they are in the process of upgrading all its customers. Anyone knows more about this? Hope it comes quickly. :D Sanke1 used to have contacts at Prabhadevi, maybe he can throw some light

New DSL Technologies give 50-100 Mbps easily on copper wires.

1 Gbps has been achieved on traditional copper wires. But practically users can get upto 50-100 Mbps on copper. But i don't think MTNL or any other ISP has invested much in new technology. Airtel is peaking on ADSL2 network while it has done little on VDSL and VDSL2 technology. Of course Fiber is much better than DSL but it requires completely new Infrastructure of laying of new Fiber cable networks. I think Indian ISPs should exploit existing DSL Infrastructure to its full potential. Looks like Airtel may be only one thinking in that direction.

The Next Generation of DSL Can Pump 1Gbps Through Copper Phone Lines

MTNL has a VDSL plan in Delhi too. But it is not worth it. Rs. 5000 for 50GB data at 10 Mbps speed?

In Delhi, Den Cable (Den Boomband) is providing upto 100 Mbps using DOCSIS technology over the same coaxial cable used for watching TV. I tested their 20 Mbps connection at a friends house and it is exact 20 Mbps download speed. If they can establish themselves as reliable ISP, then I will definitely switch to them.

Back