MTNL (General) MTNL to upgrade broadband speed

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 28,337
still no one leaked the plans from mtnl yet on the net lol only 10 days left :P

Noone bothers about MTNL!

In Delhi most people have taken Airtel(if they have option) instead of Mtnl, Mtnl staff attitude is a big reason.
Their plans are ripoff even when compared to mumbai counterpart. Most colonies are witnessing doscis 3.0 via den, hathway or Siti.
Mtnl is good if working , if you face any problem then god bless you rectifying it.

Though I have noticed staff of mumbai is much better than Delhi's. I have dealt with these ladies, lineman and backend staff for good no of years. Its like they don't want to learn or an ego factor ... how dare you teach us.
Thank god I shifted to a place where Airtel n Cable broadband are reliable.

In Delhi most people have taken Airtel(if they have option) instead of Mtnl, Mtnl staff attitude is a big reason.
Their plans are ripoff even when compared to mumbai counterpart. Most colonies are witnessing doscis 3.0 via den, hathway or Siti.
Opposite case with me, i shifted from Airtel to Mtnl & Airtel's staff attitude was a big reason .

I think you live South Delhi where most colonies don't have cablenet as alternative thanks to bribe paid to rwa and bses employees to remove cable from electricity poles.
You can complain about Airtel employee on social media , no such thing for Mtnl.
Still goodluck with Mtnl

I got a SitiCable connection recently, they were running a free trial in our block and boy the speeds are good; albeit, expensive. They have recently hiked their rates.

For now I have no option but to go back to MTNL.

Anyway, I had one of those notorious MTNL pop up ads come up some 10 minutes back, for a change one that I was not angry to see. They were advertising the 2mbps speeds and the pop up ad said that everyone will be upgraded w.e.f. 01/10/2015. Before I could click the ad, I tried to take a screen shot using the Mac OS keys, I messed up the keys and the ad disappeared :(

This free upgrade to 2 mpbs offer makes no sense whatsoever. If all the low plans get upgraded to 2 mpbs, then what happens to unlimited 1/2/4 mbps plans? If lets say 1 mpbs unlimited plan gets upgraded to 2 mbps, then 2 mbps unlimited plan should be upgraded to 4 mbps. And what happens to 4 mbps plans and above?

This would be a huge money loss for Mtnl, no way they are going to do this.

I am on an existing 2 mpbs unlimited 1899 plan, I wonder what upgrade would I get? 4 mbps? No way.

yea i think they'll distribute peanuts similar to bsnl, 1GB added to all plans.

No detail on this plan though or if there is any fup on it..
4bIGERl.jpg

Back