MTNL Triband Broadband Cant Access 502T Settings Page When In Wifi

• Thread starter Thread starter yohu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 28,360
I know essbebe but the modem in pppoe mode causes nat errors. Plz see my post #20.@cyberwiz: then Linksys better come out with a firmware upgrade that allows nat to be turned off in wrt54gc router

i told u long ago yohu..there no way that this is gonna work..so i suggested that u sell it..but mr essbebe thinks otherwise..let him solve it for u :)

i understand cyberwiz...but selling is not an optioni mean, i wud want to return it, not sell it.but again, what r my grounds for returning it.the router is working fine and i do have net connectivity on my pc and the wifi deviceits just lack of features ie. access to telnet, ability to turn off nat and a scheduler, that is causing me a prob to keep this wifi setup.but cant the above disabilities of the router be overcome thru a firmware upgrade ie. arent they just software disabilities and nothing to do with the hardware of the wifi router?if thats the case, then when i write the email to Linksys support, shudnt that qualify for a new firmware release (wishful thinking)?:whistle:

dude u cant return the router coz its doin wat its supposed to do..so the onl y option left is wat i suggested..these are software disabilities and they can be overcome by new f/w (remember the cust f/w talk) but i dont think Linksys is gonna create a f/w with the features that u require for this particular device any time soonThere is another option but that wud require spending some extra bux..u can buy a hub..will cost u around rs.500/-..then connect modem in PPPoE mode to hub and the wi-fi router and PC to hub as well..this way u will not get NAT error on PC and can reboot modem also via telnet ..plus u will also get wi-fi- connectivity..but NAT error will continue for devices connected to wi-fi network..this should work but if possible try it out before buying by borrowing a hub from somebody if u can

that means, even after buying and setting up the hub, i will still face nat errors on the wifi device like the laptop?if yes, then i cant perform any heavy downloads on the laptop.

yeah, but they will go away as far as PC is concerned..and u can also reboot automatically via PC

hmm, sounds the best possible option for now...until a new firmware upgrade comes along for wrt54gc v2......which as cyberwiz said, wont be anytime soon!now what exactly is a hub?is it like a switch with multiple ethernet ports?if thats the case then how wud that help by connecting the pc, modem and router in lan?wont that be same as connecting the pc and modem in lan, to the router? EDIT: a picture speaks a thousand words. :)

Originally Posted by essbebe
Para two :
http://i22.tinypic.com/24yv6f5.jpg
( again for easy reference)
Beetel220Bx always on mode :
WAN PPP over ethernet PPPoE
enable wan service yes
DHCP server enabled. etc

SMC Wireless router always on. .
SMC: wan Dynamic selected. ( Not PPPoE)
lan Ip 192.168.2.1 DHCP enabled
addressPool 192.168.2.100 to 192.168.2.199
NAT: no entries
Unquote

@cyberwiz
Mt882 + SmC barricade smc 7400VWBR ( wireless)
Update 12th nov 2007 2300.
Modem always on PPPoE ID PW in modem :
NAT enabled in both.
SPL Application Virtual server Echolink entered in Modem only udp 5198/5199 tcp 5200
Other gaming applications can be selected.
NOW
can access programming pages of both. No problem. ( now on Airtel BB)

essbebe i dont wat to write a long post here abt NAT..suffice to say u dont understand the issue..if u think u do..Pls help him solve it

Back