• Thread starter Thread starter nimbuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,664

nimbuz

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU - 2.1 mbps
Hi,I switched from 590NU to 749NU a week (or perhaps longer) back, but the speeds is still the same — 200-220kbps (24-26 Kb / Sec)Call center (1504) guys either give a complaint number, or a server room number that is NEVER reachable.Is it just me or anyone else facing this problem? Has anyone been able to come out of a situation like this?Thanks in advance for your help.I suspect one thing though: Do they update plans/speeds from a new month. Seems sensible since it would be impossible to track usage if one keeps changing the plan.Is it the case here?

Alright, I sorted it today by calling several people and finally the Prabhadevi server room.

However, my speed is now 400-450 kbps (tested by connecting to NY, TX and Paris servers at speedtest.net) not even close to 1-2mbps. Do I have to optimize my router settings or something?

Thanks

Tried several server, it barely touches 400 on some, but it around 200 most of the time.

Check this screenshot:

http://imageshack.us

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE TCPOptimizer, it degrades the performance. I got 100-180 after I applied the settings and 200-450 when restored back the original settings.

I have a D-Link 502-T Modem, forgive my technical virginity, but where do I see the SNR stats?ThanksUpdate: I'm getting 430kbps constant on most server (testing @ speedtest.net)

Post ur SNR and up/down stream rates. Most prolly MTNL has synced u to 512 kbps. Might be an error on mtnl's part or they may have done that on purpose bcoz ur line stats may be bad.

Not an error, most likely, as I have downloaded at 220+ Kb/sec when the 2mbps offering initially started and all users were allowed to taste it.Sorry for being dumb, but how do I check my SNR stats. I have a D-Link 502T Router.Thanks.oh wait, got it:SNR Margin — Downstream: 31 ; Upstream: 21Line Attenuation — Downstream: 16 ; Upstream: 34Data Rate — Downstream: 507 ; Upstream: 511

^ your download has been synchronized to 212 kbps. call the cc and tell them to increase it too 2 mbps.

^ your download has been synchronized to 212 kbps. call the cc and tell them to increase it too 2 mbps.

212kbps? But I'm getting 400+ constant now. (checking at speedtest.net)?

btw, I checked the wire and the data rate has changed a bit:

Data Rate — Downstream:512 ; Upstream:512

Back