My TataSky+ installation experience and 1 question

• Thread starter Thread starter DDGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,130

DDGuy

ISP
BSNL
So I finally took a plunge (driven largely out of the fact that my TS remote had a broken battery cover and needed replacement :happy:) Step1: TS rep called me from Chennai offering the Annual subscriber rebate and since I was sitting on the fence anyway, I said yes. I wanted my TS+ on my 2nd TV on first floor and made it clear that I will not pay any installation charge for TS+. He was not sure and called back after 10 mins saying that the modified installation will be done free. He then put me on voice system for taking credit card details and within mins my order was placed. I already had an SMS on my phone giving ref number by the time my call ended !!Step2: The set top box was received in 3 days. The courier guy called before and after deliveryStep3: Called TS helpline to setup the installation. He wanted to come next day itself but asked him to come on Saturday. Again got SMS giving the appointment time and even the mobile number of the assigned engineer !!Step4: The guy showed up on time on Saturday and laid a fresh pair of cables to the different TV, leaving the existing cable intact for my future 2nd connection. Great installation work as usual, very professionalStep5: Operation of TS+ took just 5-10 mins to understand and then he left. After 1 hour I realized that "plan" and "fav" buttons are not working, called helpline, they asked me to cycle the power of the STB and when I did that it went to the same initial power up screens that the engineer had already done but anyhow it solved the problem (may be some piece of software was not fully downloaded the first time)Now 2 questions-1) I notice that even on standby the new STB makes some sound. Hard to make out in day but in night easy to make out. Is it normal?2) I tried all three video options - Component, S-Video and normal but can't really make any difference. I have a 29" CRT (Rather high-end, bought the damn thing for 60K when 29" TV's were like 25-30K 4 years ago). What's the source resolution on the signal on TS+?PS: The best thing about TS+ is the sexy remote. Great piece of eye-candy plus the design of its battery cover is really neat !!:dance:

Congrats dude..Well I have not seen the TS+ personally so I cant comment on it.. But good choice..

I will not pay any installation charge for TS+. He was not sure and called back after 10 mins saying that the modified installation will be done free.

What is modified installation?
For existing customers, installation is free, isn't it?
What is the plan you have subscribed for TS+?

What is modified installation?
For existing customers, installation is free, isn't it?
What is the plan you have subscribed for TS+?

It is free but I was not sure if its free as long as your TS+ installation consists of just replacing the TS box with TS+ (of course even then they have to run the 2nd cable for recording extra) or is it free even if the TS+ box needs to be in a different room needing a lot of extra cable. In my case they left the old cable as it is and spent another 2x20 odd meters of cable for TS+ (my new room for TS+ was much further away from the dish), and yet charged me nothing for installation.

I have the annual super saver pack

It is free but I was not sure if its free as long as your TS+ installation consists of just replacing the TS box with TS+ (of course even then they have to run the 2nd cable for recording extra) or is it free even if the TS+ box needs to be in a different room needing a lot of extra cable. In my case they left the old cable as it is and spent another 2x20 odd meters of cable for TS+ (my new room for TS+ was much further away from the dish), and yet charged me nothing for installation.

I have the annual super saver pack

Thanks. In my case, TS replaced the entire hardware at no cost - dish, cables - from terrace (5th floor) to 2nd floor and left a few mwtres of extra cable on my request as I wanted to move the tv from one end of the room to another.

Oh yeah, it TH+ needs 65 cm Dish but mine was already 65cms. He had brought one 65 cm dish just in case :-)

My TS+ installation experience was also really cool. The team got it up and running really efficiently and with great professionalism!

Back