New BSNL Broadband Plans for Chennai

Idhayakani

I don't remember those plan tariff properly, but FUP is only around 20 GB for those plans,
those are older plans, so it has no Unlimited calling, only CS243 plan has unlimited calling.

@Ashraf thanks for the info.planning to get 249 plan

Am also using 1199 plan in coimbatore, why they have not changed for every circle since am also paying same bill as chennai customers do and 20mbps speed is minimum speed that could not be provided when compared to airtel broadband and ACT? Really feeling frustrated using bsnl.

Hi, Ink , Is this true.
The link is updated as of july. Is there any change there after or this is true.
If it is true, i am thinking of availing this plan. It gives the same speed of 20 mpbs to fup 700 gb. the other plan is 1000 gb. Home users will not use that much . Please say, that this is the latest news regarding 699 plan.
The other plans were modified in august , 2018. How i did not notice. This is news to me.
please give live link, Some plans are shown in the bsnl site and some are shown as pdf file which is not updated that quickly

Hi, Kalyan the selfcare portal does not list some of the recent plans. I also opted for 699 and i modified it online. But , i had a doubt and asked the customer care if my choice is correct. He says, that i have selected 699 cs139, which will not give me that 20 mb speed. I submitted , so if you go to the portal, the same plans will be shown.
I went to the bsnl customer care office 5 km, and obtained a small form for migration. As my request has not been granted or in the process, the technical staff asked my details and correcty changed my plan to 699 cs243 which promise 20 mb and 700 gb FUP. He has done it in a matter of minutes. He told me , to confirm this after 2 days. If any confirmation is sought for migration, he asked me to just say that i have done it in exchange. Thats all
This i post because, so many persons would mistake the shown 699 cs 139 in eligible plan page on the online portal as the plan giving the promised 700 gb FUP.
The main note here is:
Just go to the nearest exchange for smooth migration of plans .

Hi, You mean the attainable rate . I am yet to check the plan change is effected or not.

Regarding the line rate, it is general that copper wire may not give the possible speed. Mine is also around 10 mbps. The router speed changes minute by minute because of operational dsl. The attainable rate shows higher , like 17mbps. My house is nearly 2.2 km from exchange. Snr margin improved considerably after the field man changed my line profile . I do not know technical terms. I will check the plan change tomorrow.
You probably get the speed , that you mentioned .
Fibre only gives speed prospects. This is practical

Hi, My plan changed successfully.
Hi, Ashraf, what do you mean by line rate?
You mean the plan details shown or actual.
Did you read my above post.
Snr Margin fluctuates during times of a day, and so naturally the dwnload speed also flucturates.

Back