New BSNL Broadband Plans for Chennai

Hi, You have said that bsnl set rate is 12mbps. But this fluctuates at different times of day. I mean to say that this line rate is not fixed and liable to change due to network traffic and other matters? Is it correct? some times i get this donwload speed reduced to 8 and even 7 mbps.
From what you say , line rate is the adsl operational rate at the time of browsing, is it not?
Is there a tweak that we could do in network adaptor settings other than updating the drivers. There are some items in the advanced settings of which i know very little. If you go to change adaptor settings and click properties, your network adaptor is shown in the above tab. Clicking the same properties would show the advanced tab in the second tab from the right. There are some settings. Are those automatically set to auto sync or we have to change that.
please reply

Let me clear you something. The linerate should not fluctuate. See it will only fluctuate if your home is very far from the exchange (dslam port) or line is having some moisture on joints or faulty dslam port.
Once your linearate or speed profile is set from exchange or NIB. Then your modem should exactly show the same linerate.

Hi, Idayakkani , is the process not automated? thro the servers
Do you mean my speed or 18mbps speed for 20mbps.
If that is the bsnl gives thro the present wire, it is the best posson;e speed. Imagine the snr. It would be around 30 the best.
But if you say about mine , then i will say that i am little far away at 2.2 kms straight to the dslam and also that copper wire to such a legnth, the signal will be somewhat reduced, is it not?
I have asked a clarification about line rate increase and snr.
will ask the exchange people too

In bsnl nothing is automated.your house is 2.2 km away from exchange.so they can give max 10mbps only
Second if your speed not stable,its usual in bsnl in some areas.you can send an twitter complain "@bsnlcorporate" and they will try to fix permanently.
Even after twitter complaint also there is a possibility they will say that they can't provide more than 10mbps speed on your line.its possible.
Bsnl can announce speed increase from 2mbps to 30 Mbps or even 300 Mbps but if u ask exchange they will say they can't give.

Hi, danish,
But it is strange, that for two consecutive days, what you say is happening. There is no change in the line rate, but fluctuations in attainable rate
Usually, most people unless those who know some basics about the bandwidth would not bother about this reading and simply lodge complaint to bsnl .
But let me point out, that on earlier occasions, when i did contact nib and asked about speed problem, theyl will see the readings and then do the port reset. The term , in computer tech, known as reset my line. I will experience a kind of speed increase.
But i find the line rate , 100 times not stable , it also fluctuates, that is why there is speed flulctuations that we experience in differnet times of the day.
But i take your your point, then , there should not be any change in the speed ? OK?
Am i miss something ?
Did not the speed also depend upon the adsl modullations, suppose, if you set g.dmt, then you will get only lesser speed though line speed would be more?
How come , on only on last two days i am exactly having the same speed in dsl operational status.
Hi, Ink and others , what is your experience on this.
Hi, Danish please say some more think , like how your bandwidth is controlled by the ISP. Is it from group of persons having the same ISP's plan on different users choice of bb plans? Or is that controlled by the server load to the entire users? Or is that controlled by ISP, with the persons having the same plan, say rs 699 cs 243 for example.
I do not want to create a new thread as i find continuing this thread would be beneficial to the users more
Edit: I noted this stable line rate, as you say, from the change of plan from 1091 to 699. Please say, why

Last edited:
Hi, Iddayakkani, i believe that BSNL would provide the maximum to users. In this direction only, they announced the speed increase. But the medium thro copper may be a reason for the most speed experience.

I am installed with new copper wire and speed max 10 Mbps only.if your concern is about speed fluctuation then you should make complaint in twitter.bsnl infra is old they can't give 20mbps to all users.it will increase load

Hi, I also experince the real speed of 10 around mbps. I am clarifying on dsl line rate with danish.
I found speed fluctuations in the 10 mbps speed and found fluctuating line rates, even when i contacted the technical staff. I am not making complaint to bsnl but getting technical details . When i had 1091 plan also i was experiencing the same speed as now. Recently i had changed to drop wire and also changed my plan to 699. The difference in both the plan is only the Fup. I changed because, i am a user and 700 gb is a boon to me like a home user.
So the crux of the Danish point, is once they fix the line rate, it will not fluctuate, This is the point of clarification i need.
See the link :
adsll speed and distance

Idhayakani

Hope you belong to Kalmandapam Exchange, recently they changed the wire before 2 days, but it not copper, it a aluminium wire ( From DP Box to Splitter).
Do they provide the copper wire or you itself puchased it ?.

Brother, snr will decrease according to distance but linerate is fixed most of the time. I am telling you this from my 5 years of experience. If you don't agree then it's up to you.
Once I also had the same problem my line rate kept on changing. Sometimes it was 4098kbps and sometimes it was some random number. After several complains they checked the line and finally changed dslam port.
I agree that linerate also changes as you change the modulation mode. But I get Max linerate on adsl 2+. Gdmt is mostly used when there connection is not stable.
By the way do you get any adsl random disconnections?. If that is the case then it is mostly dslam port or line joints problem.

Last edited:

Back