Nokia

I wish they spend more energy in their firmware improvements than all this rebranding crap. They didn't seem to realize this when they started using two names for their s/w? Customers are not fools to fall for this marketing BS. :D I have visited many dealers in Mumbai in the last few days & found that when I enquire about Nokia C 7 most of the dealers I have met energetically tried to discourage me from Symbian phones (even though I am not going to buy it) & try to guide me to Andriod phones :D

See
Nokia drops the Ovi branding, replaces it with... Nokia - GSMArena.com news

Nokia Ovi Brand Scrapped < Entertainment Apps, Lifestyle Apps, Mobile Apps < PC World India News < PC World.in

WTF's is happening?

I wish they spend more energy in their firmware improvements than all this rebranding crap. Customers are not fools to fall for this marketing BS. :D I have visited many dealers in Mumbai in the last few days & found that when I enquire about Nokia C 7 most of the dealers I have met energetically try to discourage me from Symbian phones (even though I am not going to buy it) & try to guide me to Andriod phones :D

Reminds me of the emperor's clothes :rofl:

If dealers are 'guiding' away potential customers then Nokia is screwed. I had recently heard the interview of the Nokia MD talking about their plans for the future, it seemed only he was believing what he was saying :clapping:

Microsoft did just buy Skype, so I doubt they have that much money to buy Nokia.

On the other hand, the purchase of Skype indicates that Microsoft is interested in telephony.

Hmmm...

Windows 7 made them really wealthy. They can.

Microsoft did just buy Skype, so I doubt they have that much money to buy Nokia.

On the other hand, the purchase of Skype indicates that Microsoft is interested in telephony.

Hmmm...

Herz what I'm thinking- America and a couple of other countries are already on 4G and most of the rest of the world is moving on to/ has moved to 3G. So the stress is on mobile broadband and data services. If the technology can be perfected we can imagine 2G becoming obsolete and maybe one day we might not even need phone numbers instead there could be direct name based calling such as using skype. Although this exists today yet its not widespread. T-Mobile already offers wifi based calling in the US. Also long distance rates could come down greatly for service providers and the scope for profits might increase in the long run...

Nokia's market capitalization is just around USD 32 billion. microsoft was willing to pay 45 billion for yahoo. how hard is it for microsoft to acquire nokia?

Back