Nokia

As soon as you put the key pair required to encrypt/decrypting messages in settings and those settings are stored in the Gmail server, encryption and decryption might as well be done in Gmail servers. You can put the key pair in offline storage space or in cookies somehow and use that to encrypt/decrypt on page load.

As encryption of emails will probably not be used very widely, Gmail can have an option to disable ads in encrypted messages. Or it can maybe send the relevant keywords from the browser to Google for ad generation.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

There have been efforts to at least verify signed messages in Gmail; I don't know why it wasn't released and why they didn't proceed to the encryption part.

righto. they are becoming more serious about security. HTTPS alone is not enough. I guess one fine day they would launch something like this and we would all be happy and the indian government would be pissed. gmail would be banned after a couple of days. and we would all curse ourselves.

dude serious? of course google apps customers would be affected. but it would be nowhere near the effect of a ban on blackberry services which is literally used in every major corporation in the country.

Well when u set up PGP, u do need to send ur public key to recipient there is no other option.

hehe. compress it with a password protection with a strong encryption. heh.

I don't do anything that makes me paranoid about my privacy and to worry about encryption thing.
Since I have got couple of mail accounts, I use thunderbird. It gives you the PGP encryption feature.

How to encrypt your email

Back