Nokia

Duh! Obviously the Government is demanding access to every single bit that goes in and out of their servers.

LOLwhats next ? it will ask web based email providers to do the same ? android devices also have similar servicesthis country is really turning into a banana republic

android does not have an encrypted mailing service. it uses regular pop/imap. so that's different.

i am afraid that soon our government would ask gmail/twitter/facebook to disable HTTPS for indian users :D

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

i am not sure if microsoft exchange is secure/encrypted. that might become a target soon enough. :|

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

also. android does not have its own messaging service like BBM. that has been another issue for the indian government.

That monitoring won't read traffic that's encrypted between a cellphone and Nokia's servers (unless Nokia grants them access to it's servers).

What if one has encryption at the email server hosted outside India and the email client on his computer.

if the data passing through your system and the server is not encrypted, it can probably be bypassed. i am not sure what happens if you use stuff like PGP in your email client.

What bullshit. Now they won't allow me to use my phone?Provided they first give me an Election card, I am not going to vote for them if this thing happens.

What bullshit. Now they won't allow me to use my phone?

Provided they first give me an Election card, I am not going to vote for them if this thing happens.

It doest matter. The people who vote the most and constitutes large percentage of total votes dont even know the meaning of email id.

Back