Nokia

moving to WP7 was a gud move by Nokia. They are buying time till they come out with their own new OS

I don't think MeeGo will be marketed as a consumer phone. Nokia themselves said that they'd use it as a 'learning experience' like they did with the N900. So the only thing that we can expect is one MeeGo phone by the end of the year(?). I was thinking about buying a S^3 phone, since my friend got one and I rather like it (coming form S^1), but boy did Nokia stab S^3 adopters in the back. Four months after launch and the platform is dead :O

They say that they'll try to sell the remaining 150 Million Symbian phones left, but who in their right minds would buy a Nokia as of this announcement (except the ignorant Indian customers!)

I'm adopting a wait and watch strategy to see how Nokia manages WP7 in the Rs. 15K - 25K. If Nokia and MS deliver, I'll consider switching over. If not, then hello Android! :)

I don't think MeeGo will be marketed as a consumer phone. Nokia themselves said that they'd use it as a 'learning experience' like they did with the N900. So the only thing that we can expect is one MeeGo phone by the end of the year(?). I was thinking about buying a S^3 phone, since my friend got one and I rather like it (coming form S^1), but boy did Nokia stab S^3 adopters in the back. Four months after launch and the platform is dead :O

They say that they'll try to sell the remaining 150 Million Symbian phones left, but who in their right minds would buy a Nokia as of this announcement (except the ignorant Indian customers!)

I'm adopting a wait and watch strategy to see how Nokia manages WP7 in the Rs. 15K - 25K. If Nokia and MS deliver, I'll consider switching over. If not, then hello Android! :)

In my opinion Android gonna rule
For non-techies, Nokia is still the best option in mid-range

I wonder if there could be legal (conflict of interest) issues.

Just noticed a link on this blog: Thoughts about Nokia, Microsoft and Qt - Zchydem's Blog

Btw, Stephen Elop is the 7th biggest non-institutional owner of Microsoft stock. Check this link. You can make your own conclusions of that.

Link: MSFT: MICROSOFT CORP Institutional Ownership

I mean, Elop is helping MS (and himself) while damaging Nokia whos stock is already tumbling.

MS unable to get Motorola to go Windows (suing them too) nor Nokia til Elop came around.

Nokia USA president is out, replaced by Microsoft vet Chris Weber as Elopocalypse continue

they first got there new CEO from microsoft now they are getting WP7 from them and now they started others new recruitment from Microsoft only .. interesting to see what next they get from microsoft ....

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I wonder if there could be legal (conflict of interest) issues.

I mean, Elop is helping MS (and himself) while damaging Nokia whos stock is already tumbling.

conflict of interest it was .. but now it is not as both are in same boat :P with same interest :imwink:

In a set back to mobile handset manufacturer Nokia, the government has asked telecom service providers to bar company's proposed -- pushmail or powermail -- service till it put in place a legal monitoring system.

Nearly 50 per cent of Nokia's E Series business phones sold in the country get activated for e-mails.

The government had asked BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion ( RIM) to come out with a satisfactory solution to intercept its Enterprise mail services by March 31, which has been already expired.
Read the complete article

I don't get the point. The email comes and goes via Cellular Service Provider's network which the Govt. already monitors

The point is Indian Government want them to put in place a legal monitoring system.Of course, for the sake of National Security.

I don't get the point. The email comes and goes via Cellular Service Provider's network which the Govt. already monitors

That monitoring won't read traffic that's encrypted between a cellphone and Nokia's servers (unless Nokia grants them access to it's servers).

Back