Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
Actually to tell u Airtel sucks but cannot leave it as its ok for now. Some time US hosts r unreachable but not as much as BSNL

Airtel is now worst than BSNL. High ping, frequent disconnection low SNR and technical team has no clue.

Airtel is now worst than BSNL. High ping, frequent disconnection low SNR and technical team has no clue.

YuP!!!Airtel going now a days.....I switched from Airtel to Tata Teleservice no FuP in Tata...Very Happy

Waiting for either Hayai or Beam Fibre to launch in Delhi. I doubt it would happen before 2050 though :\

Waiting for either Hayai or Beam Fibre to launch in Delhi. I doubt it would happen before 2050 though :\
+1
getting really bad pings will downloading or with bandwidth heavy usage!!!! :|

YuP!!!Airtel going now a days.....I switched from Airtel to Tata Teleservice no FuP in Tata...Very Happy

Beg 2 Differ TATA does have FUP,,,,, was using TATA B4 airtel

Now from past 1 month i found high pings from airtel so i am going to quite on 4th as it a billing date(taken connection from 3rd party). Even that guy is also help less, so now Airtel sucks

Platform - PS3 Hey everyone ! I use Airtel broadband for online gaming and had a Query which i want to be answered by someone PLEASE !First of all can someone tell me on what factors does PING depend upon?2nd - I have heard that ping mostly depends upon DISTANCE . Then why is PING between India And Singapore ( Distance between IND-SIN is approx 4000 km ) less than ping between India and PAK ( Distance is very less ) ? i mean Ping between India and Singapore is 120ms and Ping between INDIA and PAK more than 300 ms .You can check the above by going to Speedtest ( dot ) net and first take server as Singapore then test ping with Server in Pak or Dubai(where distance is less). ALL i want is better online gaming experience ( mostly FPS like COD games which have a game host ) but i am only able to play with The host of the game in India and when an Indian isnt hosting i get more than 200 ms ping everywhere except playing with Singapore and Hong Kong host . So if my friends arent online or i cant get into a game with HOST from SIN or HK i cant play ! And it really pisses my cz when i have studied and want to game a bit i CANT cz of connection !

well PING depends on everything to do with your connection. A ping is generally the quality of your connection. A ping is one packet of data send from your computer to the server and back, the sending and receiving is timed and that is your ping. It is true that distance affects ping but not always. As distances increase so does technology. The concept that distance = higher pings doesnt really hold water. I mean on the server i play on in europe the American crowd there gets like 60-90ms and an average of about 120ms. You have to remember that some isps like to use Fibre optic routing or networks. So 4000km you say? how long does light take to travel that?The MAIN thing that affects ping especially in india is routing. Almost all isps have HORRIBLE routing. Except tata communication and mtnl from all the isps i have tested tata and mtnl seems to have the best ping to most game servers. I mainly play in europe and i get 150-180, the lowest i have ever got. Let me give you an example if you trace route from airtel to an europe server. you will notice that the packets first goto singapore the honkkong then europe, even though there is a route in the seawan cable that runs through egypt->france, italy.Makes sense?

Airtel broadband subscribers based on Kerala / Karnataka ... are you facing connectivity issues?

The connection has been acting weird since this evening.

Code:
C:\Users\praveen>tracert -d www.broadbandforum.coTracing route to www.broadbandforum.co [173.245.61.79]over a maximum of 30 hops:  1

Back