Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

well. delhi police decided that it was an order.

Delhi Police to Suspend Driving Licence of Traffic Violators

it is highlighted on their website https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/

Follow traffic directions or face action : As per directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court Committee on Road Safety - Driving Licence will be seized or suspended for not less than 3 months beside other fine for - Red Light Jumping, Over Speeding, Using Mobile Phone while driving, Carry passenger in goods vehicle & Drunken Driving.

Its not a order.As it would require amendments to each states MV rules.This can be challenged in courts whether a single offence can suspend the license

supreme court has gone mad. people challenged odd even and they were scolded as attention seekers. the recommendation came from a committee for christ's sake and not even the court itself. it's insane what's happening in delhi. i think i saw an article where it was mentioned that dtp has seized more than 50,000 licenses since the drive. it's a miracle that there has not been a dip in traffic on delhi roads if 50,000 people are blacklisted from driving completely.

The odd and even thing was challenged at the wrong time.It should be challenged now.And you need big lawyers to do it.

judges are clearly not being objective in their behavior on this issue at least. would take a big name lawyer to challenge the traffic thingy because an unknown face is again likely to get scolded for encouraging traffic violations for personal gain :\

seriously. you are clearly very handicapped in these times if you are not a lawyer or cannot afford a good lawyer.

Over 11,000 licences seized in 10 days in Delhi

According to the figures released till December 24, as many as 11,017 drivers have had to surrender their licences for a temporary suspension of three months. Of these seized licences, 6,883 were issued in Delhi.

11000 is still a pretty large number. Not many people know about this rule outside Delhi. More than half of the licenses seized are from outstation drivers.

that makes sense i guess. would try to ask dad if he has any contacts in faridabad these days...

Back