Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

Single Factor Cannot Reduce Pollution: Govt on Odd-Even Scheme

"The assessment of CPCB revealed no clear trend and wide fluctuations were observed in the concentrations. It is evident that the meteorology and emissions from other polluting sources have been major factors impacting air quality of Delhi during the period. Higher wind speeds and mixing height in general results in better dispersion and lower pollution levels.

"Overall it can be stated that while some reduction in air pollution is likely to happen due to odd-even scheme, a single factor or action cannot substantially reduce air pollution in Delhi. Therefore, a comprehensive set of actions following an integrated approach is required to make substantial improvement of air quality," Javadekar said.

An update on the license suspension thingy... The other dude who got his license suspended. He found his license at the police station of the area where he was challaned. He went to the RTO first only to find out that his license was never sent to them for suspension.

So essentially, the cops are just keeping the license with themselves. Not suspending it according to the regulations. The document they give you lies about the status of the license.

Guys, I read a lot of anger in previous post. Can some one enlighten me why is that the case?
I thought this is a good scheme atleast for most part of it.

My larger issue is that they decide who can pass through Delhi. I have no other route to go to places like Sonepat or Karnal or Chandigarh in a car. I have to pass through Delhi. And I can't if I have an overnight stay. The option I have is to take a bus or train or plan my route in such a way that I travel through Delhi before/after the deadlines with my personal vehicle.

Delhi is not an island. They should not get to dictate which outstation vehicles can enter into their boundaries. If they think they have the right, I really hope Haryana government sees the problem here and start implementing Odd Even on opposite days to block Delhi traffic entering Gurgaon/Sonepat and other border cities.

PS: The Manesar Kundli bypass which would let me bypass Delhi would take another couple of years to be functional. Till then, people in Gurgaon have no option but to pass through Delhi.

The second problem with this is that they still have zero regulation on diesel gensets powering offices, malls, societies. Odd Even only managed to reduce traffic not pollution. So they should really stop pretending that Odd Even helps in controlling pollution.

Sure traffic in Delhi is a mess. But having a biased system on who can use a car on any given day is a tight slap on everyone who owns a car and paid for billions of taxes on the car itself and the fuel on it.

This attitude of the AAP government tells me that every state should focus on their own welfare. Fuck the country. Why give Delhi water when we can use it here in Haryana. Delhi needs to stop behaving like a spoilt brat. For a landlocked city, I doubt they can sustain all on their own. Commercial vehicles already have to pay a variety of taxes on entering Delhi. Haryana should consider levying a tax on Delhi vehicles entering their borders.

Pollution is killing us all and that too very rapidly.

I understand it is inconvenient but it has to start some where and lets call it a start. I agree they should take other steps but that does not make this a bad step it makes it a less effective step.

Please note all states already look for themselves and already have f*uck everybody attitude. Haryana only give the amount of water to Delhi which they would have thought is surplus while signing the agreement and not more while they have no problem in opening the Hathnikund Barrage gates as soon as a flood like situation appear without having any consideration for people of Delhi.

There are articles in the constitution of India which describe what comes and what does not come under a state's jurisdiction. Is exercising the jurisdiction for benefit of people of the state not the whole point?

Back