Possible to use the SIP/Voip from voice on FTTH with Freepbx or something similar?

Where is your voice interface? VOIP is not through your internet/data interface.
I thought it was the same. How do i find out my VOIP interface? My Alphion ONT does not show a seperate page for VOIP...

Heyy @varkey @Elavarasan!
I've been trying to do this for a couple of days. I don't have an OpenWRT Router, but i do have a Raspberry Pi. Instead of deleting the already existing Voice Interface on my Netlink ONT I created a new Bridged Voice connection and did not bind it to any port. I tested on my PC, Changing its Interface Config to the Configuration of BSNL SIP with the Static IP, Gateway and DNS Servers given, and I tested calling on Zoiper and it worked! But obviously, I wasn't able to connect to the Internet on my PC.

So I took my Raspberry Pi which had Raspbian, and installed siproxd but had no idea how to configure it. So then, I installed an OpenWRT Image on RPi and thought of using it as a Router, but nop! I tried creating a new interface through LuCI with the Static IP, but then I'm not able to ping the Gateway which is 10.111.172.1 through the Pi,probably because the default route gateway is still my Netlink ONT. I also created a Static Route as you told, to kl.ftthvoip.bsnl.in (10.187.6.12) but that also didn't let me ping. I can use Internet on my Pi, as my default route goes to the ONT.

I have no idea how to configure siproxd and its inbound and outbound interfaces. Should I switch back to Raspbian and use siproxd, if so, how? or should i make changes in the OpenWRT Config?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-07-20 13-06-40.webp
    Screenshot from 2020-07-20 13-06-40.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 279
@alokme123 i am unaware of openwrt too much.
what i did is simply installed siproxd in the rasbian os iteslf and did the configuration.i used both the wifi and lan interface for achieving this.

WiFi is used to get my pi internet and lan interface used to get connected to the BSNL private sip network (that 10.x.x.x services ip ) in the siproxd config inbound and outbound interfaces i just added up the eth0 and wlan0 not more than that.one more thing is assigning the static ip for the pi eth0 interface because the bsnl private network didn't have any DHCP. So i just assigned the static 10.x.x.x series ip for that.
Hope you know the bridging part in ont port 2 or port 1.

Check this post this may help you for the siproxd configuration.

@Elavarasan THANK YOU!! I knew there should be two interfaces to the Pi, as you really can't connect to two networks using an interface..! I used a Pi 2B so didn't have built-in wifi. I'll get a dongle then..! So configuring siproxd would be enough? So like, in the configuration of the SIP settings, you just set the Outbound Proxy as Pi's IP? and it should work?

@alokme123 That's what I did in pi and it is still working fine for me.
1. Bridge mode in ont to one of the lan port which need to be connected to pi lan
2. Assigning static ip on pi
3. Inbound and outbound configuration in siproxd

Yes you can use Wi-Fi dongles no issues.more over pi need to have two interface that's it. One for internet and one for sip private network of BSNL

I have got everything working except the other party cant't hear my voice. I can hear their voice though. Tried both android inbuilt SIP client and ZoiPer. What may be the issue?

@ifru iam not sure.we need to troubleshoot it step by step. But most possibly it is a routute / metric issue in the routing table please prefer the lowest metric for the bsnl private sip network on the routing table and also check the whole 10.x.x.x series host are routed to the correct interfaces . I also faced the same issue i tried this it's resolved. Hope it helps you too

Back