Problem with volume of many channels of Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ashutosh_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 10,803

ashutosh_x

ISP
BSNL 256 kbps
Since 2-3 days, I am experiencing a problem of lower than expected volumes in many of the channels that I view through Tata Sky. I have noticed that while the volume has been good for most entertainment channels, the volume is lower for many other channels. I got the box replaced but it has not helped enough. For example, if I compare the volume of Star Plus with that of HBO then I clearly notice that HBO volume is fairly less and unclear as compared to that of Star plus. Similarly, volume of any other entertainment channel, say 'colors' is much more than the volume of CNBC and so on. Please try to notice if you guys are experiencing similar things off late and the cure. -Ashutosh

Same problem here. also noticing in last 2-3 days some channels like World movies and Discovery have heavy pixelation problem for one or two seconds.

Yes, I am also experiencing the same problems since last 2-3 days. Except for channels like Star Plus, Zee, Sony and few others the sound volume is very low for the others. I did register a complaint with Tata Sky and the technician was not able to help either. The problem is not with the Digicomp, but with the Tata Sky broadcast itself.

Thanks for the quick responses Kopout and emshakeel brothers. It is good that you noticed it quickly. I would suggest all the people to keep launching complaints of this problem to Tata Sky so that they realise that the problem is at their end.I had launched a complaint with tata sky and their technician was not able to figure out anything. I got the box changed that helped a bit (previous box was screwed up I guess), but still, the volume is not as desired in many of the channels. The technician was even telling me to get the TV checked up. (How illogical). I had a hard time explaining it to me that the channel frequency is changed using tata sky box and not my TV. Secondly, if TV had to have a problem, then the volume would be low in all the channels.I shall write this feedback in tata sky website and I request you all to do the same. Thanks again.-Ashutosh

i think its only after the new software update this problem with sound and picture has been happening, guys i checked the signal quality today its around 75 percent does it have have anything do with the pixelation problem, what u think kop out.......

I too have faced this problem. However Tata Sky being TataSky, they refuse to accept something's wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Let's ping Aamir. We want a perfect DTH

i think its only after the new software update this problem with sound and picture has been happening, guys i checked the signal quality today its around 75 percent does it have have anything do with the pixelation problem, what u think kop out.......

In my case, there isnt a problem with the signal strength, yet the volume has become lower for many of the channels for which it was ok until 3 days back. I dont think it is a problem with my dish. It is the problem that originates from the side of Tata Sky only.

my signal qaulity comes to 70 percent , but signal strenght is full does it affect the quality of picture like causing pixelation for 1 or 2 secs

There is problem with Audio also some times the pixels blured for 1-2 sec

It is we who are understanding that there is a problem with volume. The problem is : Tata Sky is not able to comprehend what is being said to them. When I talk with them about volume trouble, they talk with me as if I am saying something out of this world. Until they understand the problem and acknowledge it, it is unlikely that they will fix it.

I did recieve a call from Bangalore today asking me about the problem (I had written feed back in my query section of tata sky website). I elaborated on the problem and the person said that the feedback was noted and would be conveyed to the broadcasting department.

-Ashutosh

Back