Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,342
Hey Guys,Its already 16th today. Reliance always creates a hype in a market with junk of ads around and then they launch (Remeber: mobile, retails, fm radio and many more...) so just like the same - i dont think its going to launch by May end because there is no news, no ads and no other hype they have created in a market yet.On their website, they have yet not came up with package pricing and dealer addresses so i guess, those things are yet to be decided and we cant expect even advertisements without those necessary things to be done.So now, i have 2 solid reasons to say that the launch can be delayed by June.Reason #1:No news in newspaper, tv channelsNo advertisements in newspaper, tv, mobile outlets and no hoardings around in a towmReason #2:No specification on "Packages" and "Pricing" on their websiteNo specification of "Dealers" on their websiteThose 2 reasons are enough to understand that nothing can be done overnight (even if we think they launch by May end) and therefore, i guess that the commercial launch will only be possible in June!

Reliance will be launching DTH only on June 08

Reliance sets out its very Big ambitions - Asia entertainment news from Variety - varietyasiaonline.com

it doesn't say anything about a date...how can u say june 08... a couple of months can mean within 1 month or even 4-5 months...plus the news article is not trying to inform us of Big TV so it casually says a couple of months because they dont rllly care....thats sum1 elses job to write an article bout Big Tv

well just found out from the customer care is that there is a new redesigned version of the STB which solves the heat issue and thats what we see in the reliance website.

IT IS AMAZING (I can't believe on my eyes) - Guys, i am talking about BIG TV quality!

YES - I saw it today!!! Let me tell you in details..

I was on a high way and coming back home in my car. I was at over 100kmph and suddenly on the other side of the road, i saw a big tv dish on a terrace of one of the "dhaaba"!! as i was on other side, i couldnt take a turn and as i was overspeeding, couldnt look back for more. (bue knew a spot as its just 7km away from my place and i frequenly visit that route)

I went home, called my friend, took my bike and went back again (i lived near by high way). I went to that "dhaaba" and saw a dish again. It was older BIG logo on it (not the newer red and blue combi logo) and when i saw a quality on their TV... wooooo, i cant describe. It is FAR FAR FAR better than dish tv and Tata Sky (i didnt see a quality of sun dth so cant comment but definitely damn better than dish and ts). i felt like watching HD contents (of course, it is not hd but quality was that good that i felt like hd) - amazing experience.

Now lets come to a point. That "dhaaba" wala has Reliance PCO and thats why he has that connection. i asked that person (who was working there), can i get another connection on your name and unfortunately he replied "mera saab nai hain, aur muje kuch pata nahi... saahab aayenge to unse puch lena, aadha ghantaa lagega" (my boss is not here, ask him when he comes back. he will be back within half an hour). I left from there (as i didnt have that much of time that i wait for his "saab")

Well, here... i always ask for proof while reading others' post so as i also have to give a proof - (i am sorry, i forgot to take pictures even though i had my cell with me) BUT - every weekend i visit temple through a same route so coming saturday, when i will travel again - i will surely take few pictures and will post them here.

It was damn fu****** quality!!! This guy (Anil Ambani) will DEFINITELY F**K his competitors when he will launch this commercially. AMAZING QUALITY. Cant believe on eyes!!

Something else to know - we have here a single screen theatre on a same high way. they show movies in DIGITAL format - i frequenly visit there to watch movies. When we see movies there, we hate to visit any other multiplex in town. NO COMPARISON.

Just like that - i felt the quality of BIG is having NO COMPARISON with competitors. SUPERIOR, EXCELLENT, A++++++ QUALITY.

By the way i want to ask something --- i am now looking around for any other R PCO operator. what shall i ask to reliance pco operator if i wanna take a new connection on his name??? (any idea?) can i just go and ask "if u dont wanna take dth here, allow me to take 1 on your name" - is it so or shall i say anything else specifically? please advice.

Thanks.

Anil Ambani firm set to launch DTH service Big TV

TV viewers fed up with bad signal reception are set to get more choice, with Anil Ambani group company Reliance Communication on Sunday announcing the road map for launching competitively priced Direct-To-Home (DTH) services across 4,000 towns in the next few weeks......

@designwebgraphicThe PCO offer is over. Not available any more. So we have to wait till commercial launch.

Yeh, i hope they come up with such offers if they still pospone their commercial launch.

This is the news in the link posted by jaspreet20 :)

Multi-bouquet offering
RCOM also plans to offer a comprehensive multi-bouquet offering as well as channels on a-la-carte basis. Prior to September 2007, DTH operators had to carry all the TV channels from the channel bouquets to get access to any one channel in the bouquet.
However, after the Reference Interconnection Order (RIO) regulation, broadcasters have been asked to offer the choice of six sub-bouquets and all channels on an al-a-carte basis similar to that for cable operators.
While no DTH operator has been offering channels on an a-la-carte basis, RCOM's Big TV is likely to start the trend shortly.

Even if we think... why a giant company of India is doing like this? Something that can change indian television viewing - they are not launching universally and commercially and just keep giving to few customers (pco, energy) and selling in navchandi mela and all that!!! why not launching for everyone!!! are they scared of having trouble from customers because of faulty STBs and other problems?

and if they dont want to do that initially then still.. why dont they sell through reliance web world and other mob outlets!!! my point is - a company like reliance, why are they keeping it to limited people initially? launch it universally yar...... (arent they confident enough of their own product??? this much of giant company - signs hollywood stars are scared of launching their product universally???)

SHAME ON IT......

Guys CHECK THIS OUT..... A giant company's designers STEAL web images!!!!

See what they have on their site:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6606/1905081mm4.jpg

And see from where did they STEAL it: (this was an advertisement in today's Education Times - in Ahmedabad's Times of India supplement) - thats an advertisement of NIFD here... they have been using the same advertisement since last few years!!!
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5120/190508xm0.jpg

Look at that girl's picture...... they stolen it directly from net and kept it on BIG TV website!!!

This is a same company whose owner is having his own helicopter to go around to the places!!! India's mobile giant.. comunication giant... and their employees have to steal images to put on their next venture website!!!

CAN'T THEY AFFORD TO BUY SUCH IMAGES?????????

:hysterical:

Back