Reliance Jio AirFiber Availability

ISP
Excitel for wired
Airtel, Jio for Mobile
Hey guys. Since Jio AirFiber is being launched on 19th, just wanted guesstimates from the community here related to its pricing, plans and more importantly, will it go out-of-stock(see huge demand) in the beginning? Thoughts??

They have already been installing these devices at Reliance Group employees' premises with a security deposit of Rs 2000.

it will never go out of stock. These devices are manufactured in bulk and customised for Jio to lock it to Jio network.

The only possible problem that may arise due to high demand is the lack of enough trained professionals for installation. Since, it has an outdoor unit, the installation won’t be straightforward as can be seen in the official youtube videos.

Jio may sell only indoor CPEs at some point. In that case, it is possible that the device goes out of stock, particularly if the pricing is cheap.

Is the outdoor unit a passive antenna or is it functionally tied to Jio's Indoor CPE ?
I was considering getting Poynting xpol-1-5g and I may get Jio's ODU if it's just a passive hopefully 2x2 antenna?

Though cheaper for Jio users, we can’t switch to Airtel or VI (or any other operator in the future). We can’t have much control over the OS either. There are plenty of unpatched vulnerable (Jio, Airtel and bsnl) routers already in the wild.

I am sure someone will unlock it for all operators. Also, 5G CPEs cost upwards of 25k. If you get bored of Jio Air Fiber, one can always get Airtel or Vi 5G CPE device for 5k-6k. It will still work out to be cheaper than importing an expensive CPE which will have limited support and might also have unexpected network compatibility issues.

was going through their website and they have started to take booking in name of airfiber for any address and make a initial payment of rs 100 and then it says thanks for booking jiofiber :ROFLMAO:

Back