Reliance Jio Fiber STB picture quality issue.

Hey sachin..from where u r

3. And yes some of the apps such as voot, Sonyliv, doesn't seem to support Full HD and there is no option to change to Full HD. Even YouTube app seems to be pushing only SD quality. Although I have set 4k or 1080p.

Hold up how is the YT app pushing SD quality? Put up a 4K video and check ‘stats for nerds’, what does it say for the video resolution and the viewport.

Last edited by a moderator:
7ecFK3V.webp

Umm..this is originally a China manufactured box. I have the exact same box only difference it’s called JHS D200 v1 manufactured by Flextronics manufacturing co. ltd, China. Probably the Indian company is assembling/manufacturing the same box with license from the Chinese company.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to me as SD quality (subjective feeling). YouTube runs 4k videos even on my Sony full HD tv and displays 4k only in settings. So I am sure sure it either compresses or runs lower resolutions in boxes or TVs it can't run 4k. So not sure if we are really running 4k even in TVs which support 4k . If you check Jiofibre set top box detailed specs in Droid info it displays 1080p only on my Marq Android TV which is 4k. I will check stats for nerds tommorow and post again

I called in my Sony TV engineer today and he said there is a problem in your set top box as it's only sending limited RGB and not full RGB colours that's why your colours appear washed out. Will complaint to Jiofibre customer care and get my set top box changed. He tried all HDMI ports but it was same in all.

Last edited:
Even my STB produces dull colors that appear washed out. There's a visible difference between the colors when watching a youtube video vis STB , v/s watching it over native YT app installed on TV. I thought this is by design. So does that mean my STB is bad too ? Anyone else having this issue ?

Back