Reliance Jio Fiber STB picture quality issue.

Its STB in general. Its bad. I don't know whether the issue is with picture reproduction or the streaming quality bitrate is being throttled by Jio via its STB.

Hello, Please if you could answer them specifically?

1. What is the Android Version your STB Box has installed?

2. Are you able to sideload the apps into your STB?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to me as SD quality (subjective feeling). YouTube runs 4k videos even on my Sony full HD tv and displays 4k only in settings. So I am sure sure it either compresses or runs lower resolutions in boxes or TVs it can't run 4k. So not sure if we are really running 4k even in TVs which support 4k . If you check Jiofibre set top box detailed specs in Droid info it displays 1080p only on my Marq Android TV which is 4k. I will check stats for nerds tommorow and post again
hi buddy, the UI is 1080P with HDR10 hence droid info shows 1080p FHD. the problem you might face might also be the same as others washed out dull PQ is HDR is enable default on all UI meaning the HDR is active throughout the STB and not only when the content is HDR capable.... just like all other devices... EG. fire stick or android TV will enable (splash notification) when content is HDR/HDR10 only for certain content and go back to SDR 1080p on UI menu etc.... now i understand what all you guys say PQ is bad....

Okay. Thanks. But according to @bigman91

JHS D200 V2 doesn't have Coaxial Port and works on Android 7.

Diff between those models from the info I have is the lack of tuner connection in v2 model, latest android version is 7, sideloading of apps isn't possible. V1 model doesn't have these issues AFAIK. There are also other models like the one @Nitin has which I'm not aware of.

Back