Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have a question. i have been with airtel for more than 4 years now but recently (its been a month) i migrated from their prepaid to a postpaid plan. am i eligible to port out to jio or does the 90 requirement apply on me? in theory, it should not, as the rules say that i have stay with the operator for 90 days before porting out.

You cannot port out till you complete 90 days on Airtel postpaid. When you move from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa, it is considered as a new connection. I have verified this with Vodafone cs.

@Alvord12 @Bsnl Super User @maniac123 - stupid are pretty strong words to use - considering the current experience might vary and the needs itself vary. Are people who did not choose JIO at all during this free period stupid then?

Take me for instance, I hardly use it. 600 mins in my Airtel cug are more than enough for calls, have enough data for my usage at home and I can manage with limited data on mobile.

I took JIO as Airtel broadband was down due to cyclone vardah and I also wanted to trial the network. 2 kbps internet hasn't inspired much confidence. And I would be "stupid" to spend 300 on it, just on hope that it will improve , especially when my needs don't warrant it.

If 303 monthly is not mandatory as some people are asking - I might consider paying 99 thinking it's for my past free usage and keep purely as backup when Airtel is down at home..Just to keep the 303 option open

You cannot port out till you complete 90 days on Airtel postpaid. When you move from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa, it is considered as a new connection. I have verified this with Vodafone cs.
well....this sucks. looks like i wont be to utilise the jio prime offer.

I get less than 2 kbps (Yes kbps not mbps) when at office. Its fine at home, where I already have unlimited Airtel on Wi-fi - So, its saving my Airtel quota, which in 90% case I dont exahust anyway. In local transit - it wavers a lot (from no towers to 100 kbps) - so much that I use it only for very casual browsing & not I want to do something slightly more important - I switch to Airtel 4g which is my primary connection with some basic data
Same here. I am getting very low speed on JIO in last 1-2 weeks at my office, while at home it gets connected randomly at some corner. Its very unreliable. When I need to browse something I have to switch on Idea (3G or 4G which network it catches). Besides at home I also have 20 GB Idea WiFi Broadband.
So with current JIO network I am wondering whether I should totally disconnect JIO and upgrade by Idea plan, or just join Prime membership and wait for few months for JIO network to get better. In between I don't mind recharging by Rs 149 for more data if needed. But not sure if Rs 149 plan works with Prime membership.

No need to fight guys all the operators suck, The only good thing Jio has done is bring down the price which is good for everyone. The only player that is rocking now is BSNL all other are just doing stupid shit. Further, I plan to get Jio prime because I know from April 1 2017 speeds will back to the good old days of testing.

I just want to know. What if I do nothing ? Will I still get free calls and sms after March 31 st ?

Back