Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i migrated from their prepaid to a postpaid plan. am i eligible to port out to jio or does the 90 requirement apply on me?

Nope I faced this too 2-3 yrs back.. Got fooled by their "word" game and ported from prepaid to postpaid. And then when I was not happy they forced me to wait 105days (not 90days) saying that I have to wait till next bill generation. (which was 15 more days after 90day period)

Same here. I am getting very low speed on JIO in last 1-2 weeks at my office, while at home it gets connected randomly at some corner. Its very unreliable. When I need to browse something I have to switch on Idea (3G or 4G which network it catches). Besides at home I also have 20 GB Idea WiFi Broadband.
So with current JIO network I am wondering whether I should totally disconnect JIO and upgrade by Idea plan, or just join Prime membership and wait for few months for JIO network to get better. In between I don't mind recharging by Rs 149 for more data if needed. But not sure if Rs 149 plan works with Prime membership.

JIO is pathetic from 2-3 weeks.

Data connection drops randomly.

People cant hear even with FULL network.

Since JIO uses VoLTE (voice over data connection) - I guess since data connection is bad even voice breaks.

Yep. I could confirm that. Data connection gets lost very frequently plus the people on the other side can't hear properly and also there are call drops but that's been the case right from the start.

actually no.. earlier the connection was not getting through.. but now from past 2 weeks the other person cannot hear seriously this is getting very annoying.hope so they rectify it soon

Since activation I am facing these problems and none cared to fix it. If they could provide a stable 4mbps and fix the voice problem I would surely subscribe for prime membership.

If we subscribe to jio prime, will the use of jio app like jio tv also consume data thay will be counted towards data limit?

Also post 1 GB daily limit, will the net still work lower speed without extra charges like it is now?

^ Yes, even if you use jio apps, the data will be counted.

After 1GB , the speed will drop to 128kbps and you can continue surfing without any charges

i thought jio could offer free data transfer on their own services as long as they are not open to people on other networks making it an intranet style service which is excluded from net neutrality requirements?

^ Even I thought so.

But these apps can also be opened on rival 4g network so I think thats why they don't give preferential treatment

The whole idea of these app is to encourage data usage. They want to give cheap data but not free.

Back