Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if th
They are don't have to become a monopoly. They just need to kill the competition from smaller players and then for a cartel with the remaining one or two giants. Do you really think Jio would have competitive pricing when Airtel and perhaps Vodafone would remain the only two ot

Use all your permutation and combination, you won't find less than 5 telcos in India. moreover, you can always MNP to BSNL whenever you feel there is a cartelization going on.

When bsnl makes losses, we pay for the bailout.

in other words. it is smaller players like excitel, act and spectranet that are hurting airtel the most. not bsnl. you need competition in the market. government owned entities simply cannot compete with these giants. bsnl can serve a few customers by offering 1/2mbps plans. but it's companies like excitel and act and spectranet which are forcing airtel to roll out v-fiber at same prices as their regular dsl prices. where are 4g services from mtnl and bsnl? what about 5g? do you really think they can compete with the likes of airtel/vodafone/jio one year from now? 5 years from now?

like I said if you've deep pocket and can pay 500 for 2gb of data you can still go back to AVI. you're most welcome. but I'll join jio prime and will keep on using it until they keep prices low. if prices rose too much I can always start using broadband instead of phone data or MNP to BSNL.

like I said if you've deep pocket and can pay 500 for 2gb of data you can still go back to AVI. you're most welcome. but I'll join jio prime and will keep on using it until they keep prices low. if prices rose too much I can always start using broadband instead of phone data or MNP to BSNL.

if th

Use all your permutation and combination, you won't find less than 5 telcos in India. moreover, you can always MNP to BSNL whenever you feel there is a cartelization going on.

You mean to say we will be left with no other choice than BSNL if not Jio

the problem here is that you guys are looking at the current picture. some of us are more bothered about the larger picture. how things would be if status quo is maintained in the telecom market. i had rather have more players in the market with tighter regulation by the government then fewer players in the market and with central government in the pockets of these players. it might seem like a great thing to get 30GB of data for just Rs. 303 today. but jio has already and would eventually cost (the taxpayer of this country) thousands of crores of rupees in favors to the company from the government.

Or even worse keep price low (maybe not as low as now, but still) and offer shitty service due to fact that they would want to make loads of money at the end of the day

offer shitty service due to fact that they would want to make loads of money at the end of the day

@mhsabir and that is my current scenario

+
the problem here is that you guys are looking at the current picture. some of us are more bothered about the larger picture. how things would be if status quo is maintained in the telecom market. i had rather have more players in the market with tighter regulation by the government then fewer players in the market and with central government in the pockets of these players. it might seem like a great thing to get 30GB of data for just Rs. 303 today. but jio has already and would eventually cost (the taxpayer of this country) thousands of crores of rupees in favors to the company from the government.

+1 My thoughts are the same. Since mid of last year, we in Punjab had 10 players (Airtel, Aircel, Jio, Vodafone, idea, Videocon, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Connect, Bsnl). In the current scene, Idea merges into Vodafone, Aircel merges into Reliance and further reliance has leased all the mobile business to Jio, Videocon, Tata & Connect have issued public notices that they'll be discontinuing the services by June and people can port out to their respective choice operators. Bsnl is just good for the remote villages and will continue with their so-called technology innovation (in papers and advertisements) for the years to come. Who knows if going by the present rate Voda and Airtel might just enter into a liaison to give stiff competition to jio or these 3 players just sit and decide on the common tariff plans to minimise losses.

Back