Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
since you know so much about jio... answer a few questions.

did jio buy spectrum under their own brand name?
how many rules and regulations have been changed by the government to accommodate jio?
how good was network quality and quality of service before rcom arrived on the scene with their low cost services and forced everyone to drop the ball and follow them? i might be wrong here but call drops was not a thing that a thing we were used to before rcom arrived on the scene. jio has gone one step ahead... you cannot even make calls to jio numbers these days. yesterday, through the day, i could not make a call out from dad's jio phone. if this is the telecom revolution you are talking about, i had rather get back to days before jio.
if you want to see how reliance behaves in a market where they are dominant player, check petro-chemicals. they increase and decrease prices at will to keep the competition at bay. your profits and losses are totally dependent upon the mood of the company as they control majority of the raw material supplies in this market.
jio is not doing a social service. mukesh ambani is not our savior. he has invested billions of dollars on jio. not to revolutionized telecom and broadband industries in this country but to stay relevant. communication is the oil of the future. ability to monitor and control what people can access online gives you immense power which can and would be misused. he already controls most of the news media. and with jio he is aiming for our phones and internet.

personally i think docomo did the greatest thing for indian telecom. they brought down the pricing with pay per second plans. making prepaid even more affordable. without dragging down the quality of services. jio could have done something similar. but nope. ambani believes more in making headlines than in providing decent service to the end user. we are like a flock of sheep for him.

it's most extreme and hypothetical situation. moreover, if you've a problem with jio as well as BSNL, you can always hike on to Himalaya and live their permanently. cheers!

Cool, you are loosing the grip here. @ijsa said all other incumbent operators will disappear and you have confirmed it saying only option other than Jio will be BSNL. I don't see that as a healthy choices available because both these are abysmal in my location, Airtel and Vodafone works flawlessly.

I have just asked you a question to clear my doubt, I never meant to annoy you. Hiking to Himalaya part was funny anyway:D

I don't really understand why some people are addicted to Jio, It is good that Jio happened but it is premature to assume that all other players are unfit. End of the day Quality of service survives.

you can open any jio app on other networks,but you have to be logged into the service which can only be done

while you are on jio network.
^ but you said you have to login only with jio network?

Thats the point. You can login and use these services even on other 4g networks/broadband

No start the app on Jio network when the channel is loading switch to other network on in your case broadband they it will play

since you know so much about jio... answer a few questions.

did jio buy spectrum under their own brand name?
how many rules and regulations have been changed by the government to accommodate jio?
how good was network quality and quality of service before rcom arrived on the scene with their low cost services and forced everyone to drop the ball and follow them? i might be wrong here but call drops was not a thing that a thing we were used to before rcom arrived on the scene. jio has gone one step ahead... you cannot even make calls to jio numbers these days. yesterday, through the day, i could not make a call out from dad's jio phone. if this is the telecom revolution you are talking about, i had rather get back to days before jio.
if you want to see how reliance behaves in a market where they are dominant player, check petro-chemicals. they increase and decrease prices at will to keep the competition at bay. your profits and losses are totally dependent upon the mood of the company as they control majority of the raw material supplies in this market.
jio is not doing a social service. mukesh ambani is not our savior. he has invested billions of dollars on jio. not to revolutionized telecom and broadband industries in this country but to stay relevant. communication is the oil of the future. ability to monitor and control what people can access online gives you immense power which can and would be misused. he already controls most of the news media. and with jio he is aiming for our phones and internet.

1. no jio didn't buy spectrum under its own name. actually, some company bought 1800 MHZ spectrum for whole telecom circle to provide only broadband service and later Mukesh Ambani bought spectrum from them and later govt allowed him to provide calling services too in lieu of 1600 crore, if I remember correctly and mind it, it all happened under UPA regime.
2. so yeah UPA did tweak 1 rule; giving the right to provide calling services.
3. yes, call and internet drop problem is on Jio but it's due to congestion. if the problem remains after 31st March I myself will throw Jio's sim out of my phone.
4. About Reliance petrochemical, I don't know where you got this idea of cartelization in domestic market when 90% of the fuel is sold by PSUs. cartelization can only be done when you're the dominating force in the market, not the other way round.
5. no, reliance doesn't control the majority of crude supplies. Each PSU buys its own crude. whatever crude reliance refine in their refinery, the majority is exported to the international market.
Disclaimer- I know all these because I'm an ardent reader of business standard and the economics times.

Back