Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and your only defense has been free service or cheaper plans. and now you just admitted that you would dump jio if their service quality does not improve comprehensively. i am done defending my point of view here.

of course, I'll dump jio if its internet speed(haven't faced calling issue post new year) won't improve. I'm not their relative or employee. I'm a consumer. I'll stick to value for money, not to a particular company.

I truly believe that from April 1st 2017 Jio services and network will definitely improve because all of the freeloaders will go away. I have seen people hoarding 3-4sims I don't think that person is going to recharge on all the sims, at most he will do it on 1 sim.

first of all for your knowlwde
1. JIO bought spectrum from the auction and under UPA era, not NDA.
2. remember that time when telco used to charge around 6 rupees per minute(I'm sure you must since you're using computer since colonianl era) that time reliance under Mukesh Ambani sold phone at super cheap price and at super cheap call rate i.e free calls from RIM to RIM on 440 plan and that my dear unleashed the true potential of telecom in India.
3. because of JIO whole generation leapfrogged from 2G to 4G and I don't think anyone in the world had given free data/calls/SMS for 6 fucking months.
4. last, don't think cartelization wasn't happening before the advent of jio. since AVI already control 75% of market & whenever airtel used to increase its tarrif, voda and idea follows.

1. Read below to refresh yourself... and not only BJP but Congress also was Crony...... but not as sold out as BJP....
The Immaculate Conception of Reliance Jio - The Wire

2. ,3. & 4. ... As I mentioned earlier I don't give a damn about data on go..... Now coming to Voice.... Even before Jio, I have a wonderful prepaid plan .5p/s from MTS and so was coverage..... which your much touted AVI could not give. One bad thing that is developing..... is wipe out of all small players....

Last edited:
if data isn't your primary concern than I don't have much to say. but a dozen telcos aren't viable in any economy. all telco are under huge debt, especially smaller one like Rcom, Aircel, Tata, MTS. just last year Telenor wrote off 5000 crores from its Indian arm. So, consolidation was inevitable. it's just that due to the advent of Jio, the process got the wings.

Last edited:
Don't worry everybody, after 2-3 years again small new operators like Videocon, Telenor, Aircel would start operating for sometime and get itself sold to big operator later x'D

Seen the pricing of spectrum these days? It's unlikely we would see any new player after Jio is done killing the remaining. It's bloodbath. Smaller players are being sold for spectrum rather than customers.

Spectrum prices were higher even when Unitech with help of Telenor, or Videocon bid for Spectrum. But they didn't have enough outcome when they launched their service as ARPU was lower. Once their finances dried up, they had to sell their business.
Same may repeat after few years when some small operator with help of foreign partner again try to get spectrum.

after seeing the bloodbath, no telco would want to enter in India. They could invest in existing incumbents but won't form a new company. Things will settle down pretty much after 31st march 2018. I'm only worried about bsnl & mtnl.

Back