Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People who are worried about BSNL shouldnt cause Bsnl will be the only player who will match JIO in terms of price and data
Do you know Reliance is now the official supplier to Indian Railways... which they won by being the lowest bidder....
And now if you can understand what I mean....
BSNL is also a Reliance tactics as long it does not iron out other players....
After that Reliance will deal with BSNL.... as they wish....

I think People are giving Jio too much credit that they will do this and that we don't even have a number to how many people will actually use Jio services after march 31st 2017.

People who are worried about BSNL shouldnt cause Bsnl will be the only player who will match JIO in terms of price and data
People like me are worried that BSNL would do this stupidity and go bankrupt and would require a bailout from the government which would come out of pockets of people like me.

I thought BSNL and MTNL is already doing losses which is coming out of our pocket!

So government is indirectly "already" bailing them out every year.

It's already coming out of the pockets of the common people,they already are running on loses AFAIK?

operational losses vs. going bankrupt and requiring a bail out :D

bsnl i believe has access to a huge reserve of money collected in the name of rural connectivity from private operators. that fund is not even utilized properly probably because they are lazy fucks.

Universal Service Obligation Fund

More than 60% of the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) still unspent

this is from september 2016.

BSNL's Operating profit was 672 crores last year and expecting 2k crores this year, their revenue is expected to cross 30k+ crores this year

bankrupt is also kind of "operational loss" where nothing remains!

BSNL's Operating profit was 672 crores last year and expecting 2k crores this year, their revenue is expected to cross 30k+ crores this year

This I think was due to spectrum sell / surrender.

Operational losses could be due to accounting tricks to save on taxes. Bankruptcy would be when you really really need a cash infusion or you are basically out of money to pay salaries and run operations.

Also... Do BSNL and MTNL have 4G services at all? From what I remember they got the spectrum at predefined prices (or was that free) without any need for bidding? What are they doing with that spectrum?

Also... I remember reading that Jio was given access to entire BSNL network. What was that about? I have not heard any plans from Jio to offer services over 2G and 3G as backup where they do not have their own 4G network?

How does selling or surrendering of spectrum come under operating loss/profit?. Operating Profit = Revenue - cost of goods/services sold, labor/employee wages/salary, and other day-to-day expenses incurred in the normal course of business

Back