Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dunno. except for china mobile i do not see any other player who has the capacity to come to india and become a viable challenger to airtel/vodafone/jio now. how are you going to compete with unlimited calling in 150 and 30GB data in 300. we have literally hit the rock bottom both in terms of quality of service and pricing.

Bsnl has the robust infrastructure that no private operator can match. It is just the private players slowing down the progress of bsnl with the help of corrupt politicians. Bsnl has been and will always be here as a 3rd choice for who hate airtel & jio. Other operators would either merge with airtel/jio or quit the Indian market.

Last edited:
Chinese telco can't enter India. GOI won't let them due to the security issue.
further, I would advise judging jio post-match in terms of service. as it's still in "testing phase".

The good thing is this Jio is creating many new internet users. Example one of my brother have internet capable mobile but he never bother to subscribe internet for mail check compatible internet plans. Now he is using Jio TV, You Tube, Jio Cinema etc. on his mobile and without Jio I cannot imaging he will subscribe those incumbent internet for mail check only. And another good thing is more users means more price drop.

Reactions: hey
My another brother he was a 175 plan subscriber and he is now using Jio and he is going to be 303 plan subscriber and it does not matter for him who is going to give him data. Jio somehow managed to increase ARPU, it is also a good thing.

Reactions: hey
I think one can easily write off BSNL/ MTNL...... they have good infrastructure but due ot bribing by other operators and political pressure...

I have MTNL sim... no signal at home and office... unreliable even outdoors.... earlier was good in BSNL roaming but BSNL has also deteriorated..... I had primarily bought MTNL sim for roaming in BSNL network...

People who are worried about BSNL shouldnt cause Bsnl will be the only player who will match JIO in terms of price and data

Humorous read.
The fact is that Jio bought spectrum under false pretenses, just as Rcom had done earlier. Both times, they converted to full license by paying pennies. Compared to that, the so-called AVOID paid a huge price for the same licenses and spectrum. Obviously, they would charge more. Obviously, they will charge what they think the market will pay. Obviously, they will modify pricing to match competitors.

One thing I do not get is this idea of freeloaders going off Jio. Have read it so many times in so many places. Where else would this Internet addicted population go for so much data at low prices. They will stay on Jio.

One thing is very clear from the past, in any industry, cheapest is not always number one in market share. Cheapest is not the best in QoS. You have to compromise somewhere. This is the reason Rcom is not number 1. This is the reason Docomo could not be number 1.

After taking 6 years to launch, the fact that Jio bhakts are still willing to give it a pass for poor service is laughable. Jio has made an impact on the market, no doubt and many of us will enjoy the benefits on other operators.

Back