Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1GB/day shud have carry forward option.

Say if I use 500MB next day I should be able to use 1.5GB.

overall it should be 30GB/month.

that would be expecting too much lol. give users an option to pick from 10GB per month or 1GB per day.

i would personally prefer the per month option. and i am sure i am not alone!

@Sushubh They will have booster packs like at present after exhaustion of limit you could do a recharge of 50 Rs. 1GB Or 300Rs 6GB for 1 month and even though you exhaust limit internet usually works at 20-25 KBPS in my case which is just ok for WhatsApp or limited browsing experience with that you ar also getting 2-5am UL data which one could utilise by scheduling Utorrent or IDM to that period of time, I personally could download 30 GB of data during that night time if scheduled properly, what else is there to complain for. 99Rs. is penny as compared to AVoId group 1498 Rs plans which gives 1GB data for 50 Rs. and here JIO is giving 10 Rs per GB data+UL night data + UL HD calling+ all the JIO app like JIO TV and JIO Mags which are highly useful for 303Rs per month.

Last edited:
@Sushubh @Bsnl Super User Or the second option is to keep multiple Jio SIMs (I plan to keep one SIM for my dad and one SIM for my mom in addition to my original/own SIM that I got with my LYF phone). So, I will have 1GB for usage and 1+1=2GB for backup in case my 1GB gets exhausted or I need more data. I would probably not need more than 1GB every day but I keep an extra cushion of 2GB (with my mom and dad's SIM in case it gets exhausted). They do not use internet and might only use a couple of calls a day or two. So, I can get the SIM as soon as my quota finishes if needed. It would cost me 303 for each of the extra SIMs but it will still be less cost than the 300 Rs. top up recharge pack for 6GB.

I doubt it would suit very well non-metro Tier 1 or Tier 2 cities where Jio has a very good network by now but there is no private player except BSNL. My own city Guwahati is such an example. There is no decent brodband provider here. Jio offer is better than what BSNL was offering just a year ago. BSNL used to charge like 1400+ Rs. for 20GB FUP and 2Mbps with pathetic 500 kbps upload speed. Here it is 300 rs. for 30GB in a way and that too with awesome upload and download speeds.

On a second thought, is it possible to use two Jio SIMs on the same phone, for example, on my LYF phone? The reason I am asking is because MyJio App automatically shows the balance when the Jio SIM is inserted. So, can I enter two Jio SIMs on the same phone or will 1 of them stop working? I have only 2 4G phones at home and so, I might need to get another 4G phone for the third SIM if only one Jio SIM works per phone.

I will take 99Rs plan if I can re-fill with 10Rs/day ONLY when i need?

In that case I may go for it. 10Rs for 1GB for emergency OR when out of station is sufficient.

I wud wait till March 25th for reviews!

I am sure Vodafone and Airtel will come up with matching plan.

--------------------

Ambani's plan is out of 100 million - if 30 million take 99Rs membership

He gets 330 crore rupees!! (just for membership)

Plus first month 303Rs ~ 1000 crore rupees.

Total 1330 crore rupees in first month. (from existing subscribers)

Vodafone and Airtel should play smart now

I will throw away my JIO SIM if Vodafone gives me 149Rs plan similar to JIO.

@amish so a person who invests 2.5 lakh crore didn't has right to make 330 crores as membership. By that 330 Crore I guess, he won't be able to pay debts of JIO. So, you need 10 Rs. 1GB per day but don't want to commit for the entire month. I wonder where were you guys when airtel was charging 250 Rs. for 1GB and that was the industry standard.

When did I say he can not do that? I am just saying what his plan is.

But I am a consumer. I have my preference / my choice / my demand.

I will choose operator who gives closest match to my requirements.

I want 10Rs/day - yes, because otherwise I am happy with Vodafone 5Rs/day plan.

Because I dont need data plan normally as I already have Wifi.

So if reliance can not give 10Rs/day plan AS AND WHEN I want - I will stick to Vodafone.

Why shud I commit to Reliance and pay 10Rs everyday even if I dont want it?

Btw 2.5 lakh crore was invested by Reliance not by Ambani.

i have a question. i have been with airtel for more than 4 years now but recently (its been a month) i migrated from their prepaid to a postpaid plan. am i eligible to port out to jio or does the 90 requirement apply on me? in theory, it should not, as the rules say that i have stay with the operator for 90 days before porting out.

I am going to take this jio prime membership for my dads phones.
Seems resonable enogh compared to other operators.

@amish so a person who invests 2.5 lakh crore didn't has right to make 330 crores as membership. By that 330 Crore I guess, he won't be able to pay debts of JIO. So, you need 10 Rs. 1GB per day but don't want to commit for the entire month. I wonder where were you guys when airtel was charging 250 Rs. for 1GB and that was the industry standard.

Well said

Back