Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The day Ambani made the speech, a sort of "guide" was put up on the ndtv or economictines site with details of Prime..
For JIo to succeed the only direction is via prepaid. :emoji_dart:

I"m wondering what speeds will be after March because they are now directly competing with landline customers on price. Jio might end up getting much more than 100 million to start. :emoji_checkered_flag:

We wont come to know actual scenario on how many users are actually using JIO till around September.

Because as per rules. I think JIO can not deactivate - inactive numbers for 90 days.

And not everyone will stop using JIO instantly.

There will be people who will continue on JIO for 1 or 2 months before finally deciding to keep it or leave it.

So overall it will take abt 4-6 months before official figures come out that out of 100 million, how many actually remained.

But one thing for sure - JIO will see HUGE DROP in number of users within 6 months.

Amid all this prime hoopla, i wonder where is the basic TRAI plan missing? The customer needs to recharge it for min 200 in six months and keep it going on the basis pay as you go plan. They haven't announced any info on that yet.

I dont think they need to mention that...

They can simply mention at some corner .. "subject to license / TRAI terms"

I dont know service of your location but I am enjoying excellent service from JIO. My expectation is 2mbps and Jio is giving 24mbps. My expectation 3-6 try for a normal call. but most of the time call are getting connected at 1st try. On the other hand Jio to Jio voice call sound quality is excellent.

You are a lucky guy brother. As I said in my uber long post ;), at my place daytime data speeds are 50-200 Kbps and browsing is really slow. Night speeds are pretty good, anywhere from 1.5-4 Mbps max. As for calls, calls to BSNL and Airtel are very difficult and sometimes it takes 5-10 tries for a successful connection. Don't you think it is unfair on customers to have to try multiple times for every call to connect in this age? Also, the situation is the same at my workplace and from what I have gathered from people I talk to, lots of them have issues with call connectivity and low data speeds. If I am going to pay 303 a month, I would expect good quality service, otherwise I am okay continuing with my primary SPs now as for me reliability is more important than price. (And as I pointed out earlier, at least for now I have got plans around 250 with unlimited calling and decent amount of data from Vodafone and Airtel. I definitely have to thank Jio for playing a significant part in that.)

Also, can someone pls confirm JIO are going to continue with free night data from 2-5 am post 31 Mar, 2017 or not? Because looking at the connection now, that is where most of our data usage comes from, esp during the weekends.

that makes me ask this question... why would anyone take a postpaid plan when 303 gets them unlimited calling and 1GB/Day data!

i mean operators prefer postpaid customers over prepaid right?
Dont have idea abt first question

regarding second question, postpaid is generally taken by corporate and high ARPU users. Also postpaid means stable monthly income for telcos whereas prepaid users may use 100rs one month and 1000rs next. Also postpaid connections are hard to close. so telcos prefer post paid.

regarding jio, they are trying to make prepaid customers act like postpaid customers buy ensuring only few plans and sticking to them unlike other telcos who offer random offers and different permutations & combinations plans of voice/data/sms services

and i am guessing they are also going to offer yearly commitment plans to ensure that customers don't port out. mnp is going to be a nuisance for jio.

If the speeds are bad, few will continue.
My speed is surprisingly excellent today, more so being a Sunday with maximum users downloading. Usually weekend speeds are half G. :emoji_eggplant:

Back