Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but how this 1 month will be decided as it looks more like postpaid kind of tariff rather than pay as you go thing. As I am already enrolled in prime and if I recharge with 149 Rs/- on 30 April, will I be considered prime member as I recharged with 149 Pack that month but when will it validity start to end date then, will it be from 1 to 28 April or 30April to 28 May. Is my prime membership void in this case ?

You have to pay 149 before 31st march and then every 28 days recharge with minimum 149.
If you miss 1 month, I don't know what happens.
In their faq it is clearly mentioned that minimu 149 recharge every month has to be done.

I think the language said that they reserve the right to cancel prime subscription if monthly payments are not made. Idiots could simply have allowed users to maintain balance and recharge from that amount as and when required. What they have done is a hybrid of prepaid and postpaid.

Well Ambani is not amongst the richest people in the world for nothing. It doesn't matter who the Service Provider is, the customer is going to get fooled one way or the other. The notion that Reliance or anyone else is going to bring a revolution or provide Uber cheap services to customer will most likely turn out to be an illusion, today or tomorrow.

And if they are insisting on making new customers subscribe to the Prime plan (And luring the older ones through other offers), then will the load on the network actually reduce enough for data speeds to improve?

But after looking at their non-prime offers, JIO non-prime plans don't look that attractive, especially for the people who don't want to commit for JIO only. I think prime is just a hype created by them which will be available to all users even after 1 April maybe they will increase Prime fees by 100 Rs. more than the current price.
@Will Thompson Certainly load will reduce, In my friend circle out of 10 people who subscribed to prime at least 7 of them aren't even interested in going on with jio as they got similar offers from other operators and one of them has 6 JIO sims which he will be throwing after 31st March and many of them have multiple sims. I know that the sample size is quite small but it tells loads about JIO customer behaviour overall, so I expect the load to reduce by 50%.

Last edited:
6 Jio Sim:hushedface:x'D. I'm pretty sure that kind of people is in minority l (0.000005%).

Jio employees have 10- 15 sims each. It makes no difference.
How many are opening the phone and changing the sim each time after 1GB usage?
Very few.

I think anybody wanting non-Jio Prime, should simply wait till April 1 & then go for it when Prime offer is closed.

Back