Reliance Jio Summer Surprise Offer

I got this today. I had recharged before 31st March.

RRlj0fF.png

Last edited:
I recharged with 303 and 499
But 1gb / day plan is activated(by sms)
They said higher plan will activated as summer surprise offer.
Thats why I recharged with 499 again

I have received a message today

'JIO SUMMER SURPRISE offer is active on your Jio number --------.You will now get 2GB data/day & unlimited calling (Local + National Roaming) from 16th April onwards. You will only need to recharge in August 2017.'

I recharged multiple SIMs (3 SIMs of mine + 1 of dad + 1 of sister) with different plans. All of them have Prime Recharge done during March itself just to clarify.

I recharged two SIMs of mine with 499 before March 31. And interestingly, both of them received the 2GB per day message.

At that time i.e. before 31st, I also recharged two more SIMs ( 1 my SIM and 1 dad SIM) with Rs.149 plans (in fact I recharged Rs.149 twice on dad's SIM and put it on queue). Then the Summer Surprise offer came on 31st. So, I recharged my third SIM (which had a single Rs.149 recharge before 31st) with Rs.499 to get 2GB per day for another 4 months as they announced the higher recharge would be applied in Summer Surprise. I also recharged dad SIM with Rs.303 to get 4 months as it was anyways cheaper than Rs.149 x 4 = 600 approx. Anyways, dad does not use internet.So, his SIM is mainly for calls. Then I came to know that my sister's SIM ( she is married and so, I thought her husband would recharge and did not recharge in March) is not recharged yet and so, I also recharged Rs.303 on her SIM (also did Prime Recharge last month for her).

The interesting part is that the Summer Surprise offer message came only in 2 SIMs which had been recharged with Rs.499 in March. But I tested and even in those SIMs it is 1GB even today after reset. So, I suppose Summer Surprise is not activated yet. None of the April numbers have received Summer Surprise message yet.

Secondly, I was working at night (it had become a habit to work late at night in Jio due to free data) and then realized that I received a message on one of my SIMs that 70% data has been crossed at 4:30 AM. My daily data resets at around 1-2 in the night just before the night unlimited time. So, it seems the night unlimited is deactivated from today too as I used the 700MB or so data during 2-4.30 approx as I was working and also watching some youtube in between. I also checked and the data is decreasing between 2-5 AM today. So, night unlimited is finished officially from today it seems. I would probably still use a fraction of my purchased data. I need probably 2GB max per day. I would get around 2GB x 3 SIMs = 6GB). So, that should be more than enough. I would probably use data of only one SIM unless I waste too much time on Youtube some day. :D Hope they activate Summer Surprise proper package on all SIMs too.

And of course, waiting eagerly for JioFiber too to come to Guwahati. Hope it is launched soon. I am also not sure what will happen to all my recharges as I have 13 recharges done in advance in one of my SIMs for the next year but Jio is providing 4.5 months free ( 15 + 1 + 3 ). Hope I get some data on behalf of that. All my 13 recharges have disappeared from the queued plans in that number too since the TRAI notice. I hope everything fixes up. I have probably spent more money on Jio recharges than a decently expensive mobile phone. Not to mention bought 4 new 4G phones including two LYF phones. :D

Night unlimited is there
Today I downloaded 2gb after 2.10am
I set torrent to start at 2:10am and close at 4:50am.

From 16th onwards they are removing night unlimited.
They mentioned in faqs

Back