Reliance Jio Summer Surprise Offer

I have 3 SIM, 1 Recharged with 303 around 25th March, 2nd recharged with 303 on 8th April, 3rd Recharged with 2 149 before 31 March. Yesterday I have received confirmation for Summer surprise offer on SIM 1 and 2.

Now coming to strange part
SIM 1:- In daily usage it also shows 1GB of WIFI data left...does not show in SIM 2 and 3. upcoming plan only shows as Prime 303.
SIM 2/3:-In upcoming plans I can see HNY plan as upcoming plan with validity of 90 days, along with other recharges of 303 and 149....SIM 3 is never recharged with 303+

All 3 SIM;s was recharged with Prime at the time of taking

Last edited:
I recharged on 2nd April and as stated earlier I have received the message . The summer surprise offer will be activated on 16th . Those who haven't received the message can even confirm on the cc. Night unlimited was working last night but I could only download 10 gb . I have downloaded 121 gb in April because I used 4 or 5 nights. Night unlimited is going to be stopped from 16th that means tonight is the last night. (but I will still try to download after 16th and report what happens)

No point downloading after the commercial launch because they've already cleared that there will be no NU anymore in any of the plans.

I recharged multiple SIMs (3 SIMs of mine + 1 of dad + 1 of sister) with different plans. All of them have Prime Recharge done during March itself just to clarify.

I recharged two SIMs of mine with 499 before March 31. And interestingly, both of them received the 2GB per day message.

At that time i.e. before 31st, I also recharged two more SIMs ( 1 my SIM and 1 dad SIM) with Rs.149 plans (in fact I recharged Rs.149 twice on dad's SIM and put it on queue). Then the Summer Surprise offer came on 31st. So, I recharged my third SIM (which had a single Rs.149 recharge before 31st) with Rs.499 to get 2GB per day for another 4 months as they announced the higher recharge would be applied in Summer Surprise. I also recharged dad SIM with Rs.303 to get 4 months as it was anyways cheaper than Rs.149 x 4 = 600 approx. Anyways, dad does not use internet.So, his SIM is mainly for calls. Then I came to know that my sister's SIM ( she is married and so, I thought her husband would recharge and did not recharge in March) is not recharged yet and so, I also recharged Rs.303 on her SIM (also did Prime Recharge last month for her).

The interesting part is that the Summer Surprise offer message came only in 2 SIMs which had been recharged with Rs.499 in March. But I tested and even in those SIMs it is 1GB even today after reset. So, I suppose Summer Surprise is not activated yet. None of the April numbers have received Summer Surprise message yet.

Secondly, I was working at night (it had become a habit to work late at night in Jio due to free data) and then realized that I received a message on one of my SIMs that 70% data has been crossed at 4:30 AM. My daily data resets at around 1-2 in the night just before the night unlimited time. So, it seems the night unlimited is deactivated from today too as I used the 700MB or so data during 2-4.30 approx as I was working and also watching some youtube in between. I also checked and the data is decreasing between 2-5 AM today. So, night unlimited is finished officially from today it seems. I would probably still use a fraction of my purchased data. I need probably 2GB max per day. I would get around 2GB x 3 SIMs = 6GB). So, that should be more than enough. I would probably use data of only one SIM unless I waste too much time on Youtube some day. :D Hope they activate Summer Surprise proper package on all SIMs too.

And of course, waiting eagerly for JioFiber too to come to Guwahati. Hope it is launched soon. I am also not sure what will happen to all my recharges as I have 13 recharges done in advance in one of my SIMs for the next year but Jio is providing 4.5 months free ( 15 + 1 + 3 ). Hope I get some data on behalf of that. All my 13 recharges have disappeared from the queued plans in that number too since the TRAI notice. I hope everything fixes up. I have probably spent more money on Jio recharges than a decently expensive mobile phone. Not to mention bought 4 new 4G phones including two LYF phones. :D
All plan will be activated after 15 April. So relax.

Till yesterday it was showing rs 499 in upcoming plans now it shows only active plan(happy new year offer) and no upcoming plan beside it in both app and website.Should i be concerned?

It is interesting again. Yesterday, I received a message on my last month's recharges (2 SIMs) that Jio Summer Surprise is active and I will get 2 GB per day and unlimited calling from 16th onwards. Today I again received a message saying I will get 1 GB per day from 16th onwards. So, has it been changed from 2GB to 1GB in a day. LOL. It seems we will only know after the 16th. Not sure what to believe and what not to. Nevertheless I suppose the network would become even smoother from tomorrow onward once the freeloaders are booted out. Would definitely miss the night unlimited though. No downloading etc. anymore unless emergency I suppose. :D

Jio messed it up again they still didn't discontinue JIO HNY offer, In one sim with 499 Rs recharge, I got 1GB data of HNY + 2GB data of JIO summer offer=3GB data per day for 16th of April. In other two sims with 303 Rs recharge, they just gave me 1GB per day data but JIO summer offer yet not activated on them. Will JIO extend their free services is a question to be answered?

Back