Reliance Jio Summer Surprise Offer

I am from mumbai And I usually travel by mumbai locals. In my 40 mins of journey, jio internet works for only 10 mins. Rest of the time, I get full network bars but no internet.

I am also facing severe call drops even when I am stationery. I cannot talk to anybody for more than a couple of minutes. It goes from 3 network bars to "no service" , and then it comes back again to 3 bars. And this is when I am stationary.

Spoke to cc but they blame it on my phone. I use iPhone 6. Could there be some merit in what they are saying ? Or is there anyone else in this forum from Mumbai who experiences similar issues like me ?

Can't speak for Local trains, but the network is pretty spotty at my Office which is along the Western Express Highway. Meeting rooms are dead zones where I get absolutely no signals. Haven't faced any call drops or Internet issues when I'm in full coverage though.

I have recharged with Jio summer surprise (rs. 500 plan, 2GB/day) but still getting: "JIO transition Plan"

Anyone have any idea what is this plan? Or should I wait longer for summer surprise activation?
d5eFgQ

P.S my number is postpaid.

so phone works out of the house :D and this is a speed test result:

QSYz0B9.png

was working when i got it back inside. dekhe kab tak chalega.

But they are providing BB like plans, so speeds being slow is understandable. Nowadays even my mum who never used the internet uses 500mb-1Gb a day so in a way they brought revolution.
Are you sure you're not my brother, because I think you may be talking about MY Mom LOL! She also spends between 500MB-1GB daily, mostly on Hotstar (and WordHero) haha! :D

She didn't really use a lot of mobile internet before Jio either, but with Jio, she ended up recharging with 303/- last month, even though she told me she was going to get the 149 plan. :p

She'd normally spend around 100/- per month on Airtel until last Oct/Nov, when she switched over to Jio's Welcome Offer.:angel:

Let's raise a toast to our internet addict Moms then, hahaha!:)

Last edited:
Ok . I have idea and vodafone while my wife had jio and vodafone
travelled from mum to ajmer .
Voda and idea were come and go while jio was almost there all the time and i was able to stream Hotstar almost everytime .
mota bhai made excellent network .
Impressed with jio but still not switching due to non volte phone

Downloading gives me decent speeds,like 1Mbps,but streaming sucks..

@volcano619 - Streaming on what, YouTube? Amazon Prime? Hotstar? Netflix? For me, YT and HS works great, and I just signed up for AP free trial earlier today, and that seems to work fine as well. No idea about NF, though.

P.S. - I'm in Kolkata and get speeds in excess of 30Mbps, although speeds have degraded over the past couple months. Used to get around 60-70Mbps even as recently as in February. :-(

I have Redmi Prime 3s and also notice bad network in trains!

Although I am on "non-recharged" phone.. But i cud see that data connection will come and go frequently.

Today for a change, network was much better and consistent as there were less people in trains , being May 1st Maharashtra day. I got reminded of the preview offer they existed Before sept :-)

So yes it's really their capacity problem. They need to add more towers ASAP else people would start porting out soon ( or atleast I would )

Can't speak for Local trains, but the network is pretty spotty at my Office which is along the Western Express Highway. Meeting rooms are dead zones where I get absolutely no signals. Haven't faced any call drops or Internet issues when I'm in full coverage though.
Yeah connection is pretty good on roads. even I get consistent speeds when I am traveling by road.

i have experienced 1 thing. I am getting full speed on mobile on those sims which i haven't recharged, but while using as wifi tethering on PC i am getting 128 kbps. What technique they have implemented to detect?

Back