Reliance Jio Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

Alright chaps, it's working now at least on my iPhone. Now to tackle the problem on the 'droids.

DNS in India or outside India is not important till the time your mobile gets signals from network towers of India. DNS servers are not used as this is done by a hardcoded IP address range during shiftover like 47.49.x.x (Exact I dont remember, but I had done the research. Airtel IP is 117.x.x.x) Once that link with LTE network tower is established, the connection is transfered to wifi link with decent speed. The vowifi first checks speed, if speed good the changeover to wifi happens from LTE to any wifi. Good speed is line 2 mb data transfer for 1 min duration with low pings.

I was referring to Jio @popcorn. Airtel doesnt care which resolver it is. But Jio did the last time I checked.

Cause I did try multiple times, if I use a resolver outside India it just fails (everything else the same, exact same network), the moment an Indian resolver is used it connects.

I am using opendns wth family shield and its working perfect. I also used other DNS outside India and they seems to be working fine as well. But as Open DNS is mostly using nearest server (Mumbai in my case), its in India. But still I had tried all servers like Verisign DNS, Safe DNS, all work good with vowifi of Jio. The reason the DNS is not used is because the vowifi server IP address with UDP 4500 port is not mapped to any domain. The connection is direct from the programing done in backend. May be if wifi is slow, you do not get proper connection and it falls back to LTE

Back