Reviews of Airtel Fiber in LCO cities

ISP
Jio Fiber
Hi guys, I’m thinking of shifting from Jio Fiber to Airtel Fiber due to public IPv4, better routing and most importantly the Jio router which needs to be restarted every now and then otherwise internet gets laggy af although speedtest results show everything fine.

I have seen an Airtel Patna city thread and Airtel Fiber seems to be pathetic in that city. I don’t want something like that. But I think that it’s an exception. To confirm that, I’m looking for real experiences of people who have Airtel Fiber in LCO cities. I want to know about downtimes and speed and ping consistency.

Thanks.

Speeds and pings are generally good because after all, its the same network but reliability has been below average for me. Infact right now, the connection is down since 3pm because of a fiber cut (acc to the lco) and he says he can't fix it until tomorrow morning due to unavailability of the technician. I have faced about 5 downtimes in the last 3 months, one of which took them 3 days to send someone and fix the issue. tbh, I expected better from airtel.

In my lco city, I haven't faced a single fiber cut or downtime except only once the speed was less than 10mbps for 6-7 hours. airtel mostly provides 10% extra bandwidth on top of the promised speed, ping aren't great but still better than the BSNL in my area, I think that is maybe due to my location because both airtel and bsnl ping aren't great. Airtel launched late in city so I was about to get bsnl fiber but they have no documentation about installation charges or ont cost, they were charging 6.2k for installation and ont so I said fk off I don't want your shit and just waited for airtel fiber.

Been using for 10 months
5-6 fiber cuts (resolved even at 2:30 am at night after 30 mins of fiber cut)
One night I was getting 1-2 mbps speed for 5-6 hours and they said it is due to upgradation of stuff, no shit happened to it ever after. Router is up for like a month, no issues. Pings are constant and low for me. Gaming is smooth.

I have used 5-6 Isps including jio fiber, bsnl ftth and local isps, no other isp’s gaming performance is even close to Airtel’s

Hi so I have been using Airtel Fiber since August 2020 as soon it was launched and in my city it is provided through LCO, in the initial 6 months zero downtime zero speed drops and I was really happy with the service, but since February this year the connection wasn't working for around 3 to 4 days due to heavy snowfall, and after that I started facing frequent downtimes and each time when I called the local team they told that Net Plus or some other local ISP provider had cut the fiber, same was the case with my neighbors Jio Fiber during that time having frequents cuts, so I don't think in this scenario we can blame Airtel/Jio Fiber but then since mid March again it is back to being quite reliable, there have been one or two downtimes but those were resolved within few hours.

Regarding ping, I get around 5 ms on Ookla which I think is really good taking into consideration my geographical location :D

Am from Prayagraj and my experience is really bad, had been using them since 12 months. Took 200Mbps plan initially then they offered me 300Mbps free upgrade after 6 months.

Speeds are normal only from 1A.M. to 6A.M. (300-330 Mbps) sucks really bad the rest of the day (120-160 Mbps), Uploads are generally half or one third of download speed.

Back