SCV set top box is now free of cast

• Thread starter Thread starter jaybca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 25,070
I phoned my cable tv operator for free scv set top box booking. but I only get negative feedback, that is it will take 1 or 2 months to receive scv’s stb hence he doesn’t received any official information from scv yet now. He doesn’t no anything about the scheme. Is this, only in my case or everyone getting the same answer from the cable tv operators. Please post your cable tv operator feedback.

And onemorething anyone get Hathway's free stb?:ashamed:

I phoned my cable tv operator for free scv set top box booking. but I only get negative feedback, that is it will take 1 or 2 months to receive scv’s stb hence he doesn’t received any official information from scv yet now. He doesn’t no anything about the scheme. Is this, only in my case or everyone getting the same answer from the cable tv operators. Please post your cable tv operator feedback.

And onemorething anyone get Hathway's free stb?:ashamed:

friends ...in this world nothing is available for free ...
my cable operator ( who is currently moved hathway from scv ) told me that free hathway stb s only for exchange the existing scv stb ..
for others it is rs 250 ..:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Hey guys........This is my my first post in this forum...I registered now only to give you the info...Yesterday(09/02/2008) I enquired my cable operator and he told that... the set top box is free and for the smart card i need to pay 400+ 150 for installation... totally Rs550 as a one time charge!!! and then 5 per channel..... :)

Today i inquired the cable operator here ( @ T.Nagar ) .. he told that i need to pay the Rs.400 initially towards smart card. And din't mention anything about installation charges. And there are so many packs available. Minimum starts from Rs.25 .. He told that we can choose any one pack and can ask for additional channels at Rs.6 [ Rs.5 + Re.1 tax ] each.

Thanks for the info ... buddy...Today evening i again enquired..about when the stb will be supplied once booked the connection.... and i was told that if i booked the morning.. the connection would be given in the evening..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Is it so? My area operator told that he will be getting the boxes supplied in a week time and we will be getting it after that. But yes, it differs from one area to another.

Btw, my friend, who purchased STB when it was priced 499, paid Rs. 250 towards installation. Thus he totally paid Rs. 750 + 1 month rent in advance. Now under free STB scheme, we should pay Rs. 400 towards smart card. Again if v have to pay that Rs.250 or Rs.150 (or any amount) towards installation, then why should this advt announcing STB free? :confused:

Has anyone applied? Can u give a clear picture about the payment details? And will it differ from operator to operator?

[ I am yet to give a cable connection. :P .. So first i will apply for that and then for the STB after a week, knowing the responses from u ppl. ]

Till last week..... the STB cost was 499 + 400 fr smart card.. as told by others......But now due to competition they have reduced that too.......STB is free.. only you gotta pay for smart cardI think i will giving the connection in a day or two....400 for smart card seems reasonable... as it was already mentioned by some other members already...so it does not seem absurd....

Cool then. The minimum package starts from Rs. 10 it seems, having ESPN and Star Sports. And v can select few extra channels he said. So ... think i will apply by tommo or day after.. :)

thats pretty good.... I booked today evening...and got the connection in 3 hours:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:.................totally paid 595... 550 for activation an 45 for 8 channels....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wow this is great.Some one tell me what all the channes available..? is there a package kind of thing..?some one confirm it pls.this will be help full for people who wanna use this offer :)

Back