SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 131,210
@rsudar , @FiberOptic

Thank you very much for your information guys. I thought that SCV has not redinducted the new channels which they had shown 2 weeks back and then i relieased that the channels such as World movies, voyages, ndtv good times and other channels are back in SCV STB because of you guys only. Yesterday when i went home i did auto scan in the STB in which the STB stated that it has scanned 158 channels and i was surprised to see the channels World movies, voyages, ndtv good times and other channels back in STB.

Guys can you tell me if SCV is adding any new channel how we can we know on that...........:confused:?

One more thing yesterday while i was veiwing my TV with SCV STB i removed the smart card to my surpise the channnels are working from SCV STB with out the smart but the channels which were working was only sun channels apart from that now channels were working.....

actually new channels wud come without scanning. i had a prob in some other channels. so cable guy came and cleaned the smart cared and scanned it. accidentally i was checking those "all" sections. anyway u dont need to scan everytime. regarding channel viewing without smart cared iam puzzled how it can come

I am also puzzled how it came but only sun channels were coming in it........:Pyou could also try it out ......

I am also getting these channels only after auto scanning, after reading rsudar's post i tried the channel 180, i got nothing. but after auto scanning I can see WM. @ajuravi I think you can watch FTA channels, even if you remove the smart card

Without Smartcard you will get few sun tv channels in STB. But when you goto some other channels you will get the message to insert the card. Again if you switch off and switch on the stb you can view the same channels without card. I think its like demo without smart card. Can anyone help in getting STB because I have shifted my house where the cable operator is delaying for more than 2 months in providing the same

you could go to the SCV office directly and get a STB on your own, they will ask you to fill up some form, the office was located in kodambakkam (about eight or nine months back), i don't know whether it's still there or whether they have shifted to another area.

When I bought the SCV STB in 2003, I used to manually auto scan once a week for new channels as there was no auto-add. But sometime in 2006 the software was ugraded the autoscan was really needed as channels started to get added on their own :dance:. Seems need to start scanning weekly again :whistle:

you could go to the SCV office directly and get a STB on your own, they will ask you to fill up some form, the office was located in kodambakkam (about eight or nine months back), i don't know whether it's still there or whether they have shifted to another area.

But will they give in FREE STB Scheme. Because in ad they give as to contact the cable operators

iirc free stb is available only through cable operator, i'm afraid it's all up to your cable operator.

Back