Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,954
chromaniac said:
I also have to admit that I only sort of become pro-gay rights after I because friends with a guy who is well gay. You only realize what they go through in life when you deal with them on a personal level.
+10000000000
Even I was uninterested in gays and had absolutely no problem with them. Then I met a friend who was thrown out of the house because he's gay. I was initially hesitant to meet him but he was genuinely a nice guy ..we even forgot he was gay when we are at parties. He's no way the type they show gays to be like ..in bollywood movies. He has now a job and boyfriend but only a few people know that he's gay. Really feel bad for him.
And people commenting on ToI articles are worst kind of people. They support sarpanch's in honor killing articles ..and they are absolutely phobic about love marraiges.

Many laws in the indian constitution needs to be amended/abolished with the times like quota, sec 66a and this section 377.

BJP breaks silence on Sec 377, says party will never support homosexuality
BJP President Rajnath Singh said, "We will state (at an all-party meeting if it is called) that we support Section 377 because we believe that homosexuality is an unnatural act and cannot be supported." It seems the BJP has now dropped its circumspection, probably on the assessment that the gay community is not electorally significant and the party stands to suffer a dent in its traditional base if it is seen to be supporting “unnatural acts”.

So BJP is opening against gay rights.
Congress is for gay rights but do not want to do anything about it because it hurts the larger voter base.
AAP is for gay rights probably because they are not in a position to do anything about them.
I am voting for NOTA. Thank you!

Back