Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,954
Support for Gay Rights basically shows how much they care about humanity and human rights in general. It's not about gays alone :)
Not supporting gay rights is similar to being against equal rights for different race, caste, and religion. You are treating some humans differently than others.

I guess I am a hypocritical on this one. I can support gay rights but I am not sure how I am going to react if my son/ daughter were homosexual.

Well. It would be hard to imagine the reaction you might have till you are in that situation...
But as long as you do not think that it is a disease or a state of mind that can changed with medicine or therapy, I am guessing it is alright!
Stupid petition: Avaaz - India: freedom to love

+1 NOTA
We should always respect the freedom of an individual in such matters - a lot of matured/developed countries are with gay rights

We already of lots of examples of Incest in our culture. An example is Krishna's sister Subhadra marrying Arjun (son of her Bua Kunti). Many of the communities/castes in India prefers to marry their Daughters in house of direct/cousin Sisters with their Son. Reason they give for couple not being Brother-Sister is they belong to different Gotra (since Bua's Gotra changed upon marriage to her Husband's). Whatever reason people may give I strongly think of this as Incest.

For Inter-species Sex (Zoophilia), there are several Poojas done before marriage of a guy if he have some personal problem due to bad Grahas. They force him to have intercource with Female Donkey or Goat which can heal their damaged parts and will make him capable of producing Children in plenty. Mostly in tribal areas. I never saw this (and no intentions either).

I dare BJP or any other party would utter a word these. An argument would be it's their personal matter and one should respect other's religion and private matters. Some reporter should ask them about carvings in Khajuraho (Lakshmana Temple & Parvati Temple) and explain what is depicted an ancient art and practises in India.

Back