Setmax to telecast the upcoming Newzealand Vs India series

The Board of Control for Cricket in India, or BCCI, is the apex governing body for cricket in India, headquartered at Mumbai. The board was formed in December 1928 as the national governing body for all cricket in India. BCCI replaced Calcutta Cricket Club. It is a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. The BCCI often uses government-owned stadiums across the country at a nominal annual rent. It is a private club consortium. Basically to become a member of a state-level association, you need to be introduced by another member and also pay an annual fee. The state-level clubs select their representatives (secretaries) who in turn select the BCCI officials. As for any private club, BCCI or the state-level associations are not required to make their balance sheets public.

Board of Control for Cricket in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

\"The cricket team selected by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) plays as the BCCI's team and not as a team representing the government of India -- there is no ambiguity here,\" says Ranbir Singh Mahendra, president-elect of the BCCI.

The Supreme Court rules that the BCCI is not a 'state' within the meaning of Article 12 of the Constitution. The SC says the government does not in any way exercise control over the BCCI's functions and administration.

\"We are pleased that the Supreme Court verdict has gone in our favour. I won't comment on who the cricket team represents,\" says Mahendra.

Whose team is it anyway?-Delhi Times-Cities-The Times of India

i dont like the indian cricket team. i like it when they lose. does not make me any less indian.

same here , i too don't like our team , they are over hyped , Ishanth has been declared as the best bowler in the world by our management and media , then what will they say for Dale sTEYN ? ..... India is the best in the sub-continent ,but not that good in Nz or Aus ,or Engl .. They win 1 or 2 games then and there , and say they are the best , and they float on the air.

heh yeah. most cricket fans are not really cricket fans. they are just fans of the 11 suckers that makes up the indian cricket team. one question to any one here who claims he is a cricket fan... name five players of your state's ranji cricket team :)

heh yeah. most cricket fans are not really cricket fans. they are just fans of the 11 suckers that makes up the indian cricket team.

one question to any one here who claims he is a cricket fan... name five players of your state's ranji cricket team :)

You are asking for the impossible!
BCCI is a single producer Bollywood.
Our players start whining that their services to the country are forgotten the moment they are criticised for poor performance.

heh yeah. most cricket fans are not really cricket fans. they are just fans of the 11 suckers that makes up the indian cricket team.

one question to any one here who claims he is a cricket fan... name five players of your state's ranji cricket team :)

State: Tamil Nadu

Players:

Abhinav Mukund
Murali Vijay
Subramaniam Badrinath
Sivaramakrishnan Vidyut
Dinesh Karthik
L.Balaji
R.Ashwin
C.Suresh

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

@admin,

Now, dont ask me the names of Other State Players :P

i am proud of you hami! :)i saw a ranji trophy match once. kapil dev was the captain of the haryana team and he scored a ton in that match. that was well quite some time ago :D

You are asking for the impossible!
BCCI is a single producer Bollywood.
Our players start whining that their services to the country are forgotten the moment they are criticised for poor performance.

What service did they do? :mad: They earn money by playing/fixing matches. Did they contribute anything to the welfare of the common people? :@ Winning or loosing not going to help India. Whether it is cricket run by private BCCI or some other sports. ICL, IPL what craps.

I had missed both the matches but managed to record the highlights from tata plus..:happy:..however the match was quite disappointing esp after how they had performed against the recent sri lanka series.. was almost sure they'll win neway m sure they'll come around soon..
The great thing about max highlights is that they were showing for 30 mins and it was like carcker bursting..............:)

Tensports and Neo show the highlights for more than 90 mins which is irritating and now its great that the ESS channels are showing for 60 mins..........:thumb:

@ members a TEAMs thought is that they should contribute to win the game and a captains duty is to lead a team without any problem and know one thing INDIANS batch good position in ICC standards:yahoo:they do their duty properly and their is no point that a cricketer should go and do some social service then only u will cheer for INDIA :(i never had expected such reply from all :wall:

Back