Static IP improves service drastically

ChaiBiskutBhai said:
Tikona has the first demo, then pay policy.
When the demo guy comes, do all your checks. Physically check if the signal on your device is full. If it is not, you might encounter lag. Also, get the guy to install a slightly longer cable, which would help you move around your device/router if needed.
Also, never pay cash. Always pay by account payee cheque only. Ensures that the money goes to the company directly. There have been cases where freelance agents run away with the cash. If he says he wont accept cheque, throw him out and complain to Tikona CC about such a guy.
Okay! will do. Thanks!

But i have to tell you that demo IDs are always bad because they are shared in 2-3 demo guys and demo guys even use it personally at home

I applied for Static IP a couple of days back.
Speed is more stable now. I am on the 4mbps plan. No login page ever again.
Upload speed varies A LOT between the speedtest.net speed and the tikona speed test.
Please let me know if you guys want any more clarifications.

Any improvements in pings? Post FUP speed before static IP and after static IP? Torrent upload speed?

bharat4ever said:
Upload speed varies A LOT between the speedtest.net speed and the tikona speed test.
[*]What's your signal strength?
[*]How far is the the tower from your place?
[*]What're the pings you're getting to these servers?
[*]216.185.109.70
[/list]

Did you try talking to Tikona about this ?

I need at least 1-2 mbps of upload speeds. Am already getting these speeds otherwise in speedtest.net but upload never exceeds 0.48 mbps

& now their speed test portal isn't working:

This is by far the best upload speed i got on speedtest.net, download is fine otherwise:

& yes somehow the server shows that i'm in Mumbai :numbness:
- this happens quiet often but speeds don't change much, there is however an increase in latency

Back