Static IP improves service drastically

Guys, the demo guy visited my place today, but he says the tower is too far from my place.. the ironic part of this is that, someone's already using tikona in my society, right around the corner..so how's this possible?Is there any way they can put a new tower in my area?

UPDATE: the demo guy came again, checked for signal, did some speed tests, it wasn't going above 3.5mbps in the results, but it was touching ~3.8mbps during the test (the demo account is on a 4mbps plan i believe) , but he said that no ones speed actually stays at a constant 4mbps, it's only sometimes that you get the rated speed. Is that true? BTW the tower is quite far, around ~450m from my place, but it's still visible from my terrace. Pings were around ~10ms more than the ones posted here, sometimes even matching them, gotta be fluctuations but i'm okay with it since BSNL gives me 250-500 ping in any server outside india -.-So the connection was stable at the time, wasn't disconnecting or anything, he said he'll install it as soon as new equipment arrives, lets see how it goes and how long they take to acquire the new equipment.

sahibunlimited said:
Mine is constantly 4.5mbps before FUP
then i have no idea why he said that, it's probably the demo account, either that or he's just telling his own experience.. i guess this will happen to me since the signal strength i'm getting according to him, is around 55-60%As long as i get the pings i saw during the demo, I'm satisfied :D
There's also a probability that the tallest building in the vicinity of my society might have a tikona tower, just need permissions from the owner.
Already preordered BF4, can't wait to use tikona as a medium to enjoy lower pings XD

Used tikona's speed test, and speedtest.net. The speedtest.net gave a ping of 49 and 3.5mbps once. Also browsed a 720p youtube video without interruptionswas planning to download a large file but forgot -.-

if tower is too far means more users on same tower, might suck after post fup!

anant.del said:
if tower is too far means more users on same tower, might suck after post fup!
How's that even related? Also, i live in a bungalow society so they probably find it more profitable to put towers on top of colony buildings

Just got tikona installed today, lets see if i get these speeds consistently throughout the month (assuming i don't cross the FUP)
So far so good, the pings aren't as good as others are getting but still much lower than BSNL :D

Back