Static IP improves service drastically

80GB FUP, according to the engineer, and according to the PDF i see in the selfcare page

UPDATE:- been a few days, so far so good..i'll get a static IP if the service stays good for the next few months.

bharat4ever said:
I applied for Static IP a couple of days back.
Speed is more stable now. I am on the 4mbps plan. No login page ever again.
Upload speed varies A LOT between the speedtest.net speed and the tikona speed test.
Please let me know if you guys want any more clarifications.

madhusudhan7 said:
Did you try talking to Tikona about this ?

I need at least 1-2 mbps of upload speeds. Am already getting these speeds otherwise in speedtest.net but upload never exceeds 0.48 mbps
@ bharat4ever
Any updates ?

varun120 said:
A lot of people get good speed on tikona, why so negative reviews then, idk.
its like this ....speeds are good if it is up and running if it goes down then you are done with it...after sales service the worst among any other isps...

Not really, the service , IMO, depends on the number of people using the same tower..the quality of connection entirely depends on the tower, unless there was some hardware problem with the CPE, but that's usually either rare and/or easily fixable by rotating etc.
In my area, the tower is used by more than 400 people. According to the engineer who installed the connection in my area, it's the only tower covering many colonies together. So it's obvious that they'll have to keep their service up otherwise they risk losing the loyalty of 400+ customers.

its like this ....speeds are good if it is up and running if it goes down then you are done with it...after sales service the worst among any other isps...
Not really, the service , IMO, depends on the number of people using the same tower..the quality of connection entirely depends on the tower, unless there was some hardware problem with the CPE, but that's usually either rare and/or easily fixable by rotating etc.In my area, the tower is used by more than 400 people. According to the engineer who installed the connection in my area, it's the only tower covering many colonies together. So it's obvious that they'll have to keep their service up otherwise they risk losing the loyalty of 400+ customers.
There are apparently only 4 users on our tower and it's working just fine. Speeds are fine 99% of the times but the issue is when something goes wrong - Customer care needs a lot of improvement

UPDATE:- been a few days, so far so good..i'll get a static IP if the service stays good for the next few months.

Please do let us know if the speeds/latency improve after changing to static ip

Sorry to ask this, but trai PDF format of tikona shows contention ratio before and after fup. Does it affect the speed even before you hit fup?

Sorry to ask this, but trai PDF format of tikona shows contention ratio before and after fup. Does it affect the speed even before you hit fup?
For me YouTube gives full speed after fup but torrents and httpdownloads are 1.7–3.5mbps in daytime and full speed at night

Back