Suggest a suitable wifi router

All i can suggest is a 802.11n router, look at tech2buzz.com for reviews and regarding placement I have had better signal when the router is located as high up as possible, i get great signal in my parking lot even though router is on the 3rd floor but poor or no signal at all on the 6th floor.

also they told I need to keep the router in ground floor as the signal boosts up when going up.
I remember reading that placing router at top floor/middle floor is efficient. I may be wrong.

hey i am new user i have a query see iam using mtnl adsl router for quite a long time not happy iam currently using DSL_UNLTD_599 plan my question is that will my speed increase if i switch to wifi router

speed is set by mtnl at the exchange level. no matter what u do it won't increase miraculously. wat speed do u get btw?

Wifi router will only give u the freedom to use ur internet connection with Wifi enabled devices. So kickass is right - ur speed wont increase. As u r putting something at ur end only.

hi
thanks for the reply actually i am supposed to get speed about 100kbps at least if i am using bittorrent but now its like now im getting downloading speed like 30 kbps its so waste of time and money that why i thought of asking you whether i need to change it
could u provide me some wifif routers model which are compatible with mtnl router here is the result

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1655080787.png

MTNL itself wud give u a WIfi router. Better to stick with those - thats my view. And still, if u dont want that, then may be others wud help u in choosing another one. :)

i currently have wired internet at my home (MTNL Broadband)..is it possible that i connect a wifi router to my broadband model through ethernet and transmit internet through wifi?if yes, can anyone recommend a device..

i currently have wired internet at my home (MTNL Broadband)..

is it possible that i connect a wifi router to my broadband model through ethernet and transmit internet through wifi?

if yes, can anyone recommend a device..

An ADSL wifi router can solve your requirement... one of the place you can find such device is at ebay.in.

If the present ADSl modem is from MTNLon rental basis, (Sterlite Sam300AX ??) Mention number of laptops/smartphones to be used,Exchange it for a 3-in-1 ( Adsl modem+4lanport +wifi router)if available same brand.If not any will do. wifi router such as Netgear WGR614v10. Cost around Rs 1500/=, If you want greater radius of WIFi activity (say 60 feet and at different heights Ground floor/2nd floor etc )HIGHER priced models with Antenna Gain 5 db preferred.Refer my article in this techforum for more confusion /details.! cannot give link. In Google Search: type essbebe choosing wifi router feedback.

Back