Suggest a suitable wifi router

With a friends stand alone WIFI router ( No adsl modem ) Enable Dynamic IP and check wifi mode works.( Rj45 to WAN port another rj45 to desktop)If OS is windows7/Vista/XP try "connectify" to make system with Wlan card an AP ( Access Point )for other wifi mode systems. Limited range. ( No wifi router needed )Feedback.

i use Asus RT-N13U and it works best for Beam. However you need to flash the most appropriate firmware.

^As in upgrade to the latest ? The review mentioned the same too. You could tell me how much did you bought it for and where did you buy it ?

Yeah the Asus RT-N13U works great with Beam I had set up one for my cousin working flawlessly for the past 5 months or so.

Hi All,First of all a big Thank you to all for having a good forum like this. Its really impressive and keep up the good work. This is my first time in broadband forum.I am using a BSNL ADSL connection. The modem they had provided is Siemens C2110. I want to replace this with a ADSL Modem with N- Series WIFI router. I am using a Cisco N - Series router for the second broadband connection which is cable from Asianet. The performance provided by the N-Series router with enabled devices is awesome.For replacing my modem for BSNL, I have the following queries.#1. Will a ADSL2 modem work? #2. Are there any good recommendation for modem +N-series router?Look forward to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance.Anoop Menon

You can connect your existing adsl modem to your N series WIFI router and configure default gateway to router connection which you want to use. Say N series uses IP 192.168.1.1 and adsl modem uses IP 192.168.1.2. If you want to use BSNl configure default gateway as 192.168.1.2 else 192.168.1.1

I would like to add that the Siemens modem is a faulty one, so I am looking for a modem + n series router single equipment.

I am using a Cisco N - Series router ......

(1)Please give model /number of CISCO used with Asianet cable connection.

Is the model wifi router only ?

I have taken a Airtel Wifi connection and it is a for a commercial use. The building has three floors with total area of 4500 sq feet. The Airtel guys suggested me to get a Cisco Linksys Router which covers good range and also they told I need to keep the router in ground floor as the signal boosts up when going up. When enquired in shop they suggested WRT 120N model, but I read bad reviewes about it in the review sites. Please suggest a good router that is nominal in cost as well covers this range without any interuption. And at a time 5-15 may use the connection.

Back