Suggest a suitable wifi router

I guess the one i got is a decent one & cheap one. And i think even Buffalo Airstation suggested by Manu wud be decent for casual browsing. I asked in 4-5 shops around but no 1 had Buffalo around. :P

----------

Btw, can any1 tell me how do i access my router's homepage or something? I have got a CD, but it has options for Windows & Mac.....no option for Linux!

Lobbying is seen here too. The other 2 are paid OSes & they leech money out of their customers, so support is available for them.

i use a buffalo airstation router. has worked well for me. though i am sort of favorable to TP-Link brand. cheaper routers with more features.

Btw, can any1 tell me how do i access my router's homepage or something? I have got a CD, but it has options for Windows & Mac.....no option for Linux!

Lobbying is seen here too. The other 2 are paid OSes & they leech money out of their customers, so support is available for them.
you don't need any software. Just connect the router, open your browser and goto http://192.168.2.1

Thanks! I thought that the info to view homepage must be given in the package, as they didnt give any booklet or other stuff.

If only they had done something for Linux users! I will have to login to Windows specifically to check out the stuff's utility.

Ah, not that homepage. I got to view it by that IP given by Manu. I am talking about the CD. I havent checked it as yet, coz on the face of its cover, they have given the steps to be followed for Windows & Mac......nothing for Linux.

CDs that come with routers are useless. They use a software wizard to do stuff that you can do manually using the browser.

So they must have assumed that most Linux users must be geeky enuf to find it out thru the homepage! :D Which obviously i m not!

----------

ATleast i didnt knew the IP for its homepage.

Back