Sun Direct DTH details

• Thread starter Thread starter meetdhil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 63,517
Hey Guys, after DTH its now 'HITS'. All channels around the world can be watched through cable network. New technology to digitise cable TV. HITS is a satellite-based platform for delivering multi-channel television signals to cable operators across the country with the objective of digitising cable television. The technology is capable of delivering TV signals in digital form. It enables cable operator to uplink signals from broadcasters to his HITS satellite from which other cable operators can downlink signals for further distribution to the subscribers. TRAI had already released recommendations on HITS service.So dont pay huge amount on DTH. You can watch channels in digital form in your existing Cables.

Who is going to invest in HITS infrastructure? It needs a heavy investment; the service provider has to negotiate with tv channels for permission to download, and a mechanism for selective viewing by suitable payment at the viewing end. STB will be necessary. The signals have to come via satellites and satellite transponder charges have to be borne by and paid for by someone. Who???Unless the tv broadcasters make the channels FTA, HITS might not work.

Hi,Again I have called the CC and asked abt the exact launch?.They told me at the end of this month.I argued with them and told them directly that you are saying the same answer.I asked them the final date?.They again told me that there is no more postponement.It will be launched 0n oct 30.let us wait whether they are maintaining their words or not.

^^^^I think you are talking abour SUN Direct.... sorry for the offtopic HITS discussion... :D

Back