Sun Direct DTH details

• Thread starter Thread starter meetdhil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 63,517
Which satellite is used for sun direct?.Insat 4b or Insat 4CR.still i dontfind any test transmission on insat 4B for sun direct.Anybody contacted the dealer of sun direct dth in ur city?.plz post yourinfmn regarding the exact launch date and channel lists

Which satellite is used for sun direct?.Insat 4b or Insat 4CR.still i dont
find any test transmission on insat 4B for sun direct.

Anybody contacted the dealer of sun direct dth in ur city?.plz post your
infmn regarding the exact launch date and channel lists

It is Insat4b, but we cant check it as it is in Mpeg4 technology and also can't find any info in satcodx website. about dealers they are still appointing distributors and dealers..

Channel list is very less, b'coz we still did not get any news about their agreement with zee or star or Sony.. so we expect them to just launch with their own package and also will charge under 100rs.. STB cost i heard will also be less than dishtv or Tata Sky .

they will obvisiously come with some free view offers in the beginning to attractmore people.

Guys just spoke to this number. One person told me that they will launch the Sun DTH in another 2 weeks time and regarding the channels they will list in few days time. This is really a good news :thumbsup:
I don't think it will launch in 2 weeks.since now there is no ad in tv or newspaper.Anybody contacted the dealers of sun direct?.they might know the launch details.:(:(

SUN TV DTH DELAYED ?

Unconfirmed reports are that Sun Network is likely to postpone the launch of its own DTH platform, Sun Direct, from Divali to December this year.

Sun Direct has already been allocated 6 Ku band transponders on an INSAT bird.

The other new DTH entrant - Reliance's Blue Magic is likely to be allotted transponders on the INSAT 4CR satellite to be launched on September 1, by an ISRO launch. ISRO's earlier attempt had to be aborted, and the INSAT 4C was satellite was lost. If launched successfully, this will be a huge milestone for ISRO.

On the other hand, if the replacement satellite - INSAT 4CR is also lost, then Reliance Blue Magic is likely to be allotted transponders on the MEASAT satellite.

But the links are not working... :)

Yes,the link is working but if we click there is no information.It is also mentioned that 150+channels in it's package.since dd dth uses the same satellite along with this 50 channels of dd dth it will provide 100 channels in the initial stage. Since the sun network channels are of crystal clear clarity,they will succeed in it's dth regarding the audio/video clarity.

Back