Tata Sky DTH getting Colors HD from October 8 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Kartik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 10,579
I am trying hard to overcome my desire of watching Hindi GEC in HD and remove it from my package (on Airtel DTH). But after I go back to SD Version of these channels, I simply cant continue watch these channels in SD. And result is I have subscribed for all HD channels available. I barely watch SD channel except for some Regional channels and News channels.

Right bro now i cant see cricket on sd channels .. once a person sees hd then its just addictive .. and anyhow i feel over time say next 2 -3 years most of the channels should be available in hd

Very true...Other day I was watching Indo-Pak match on SD and it felt horrible..SD channels are crappy to look at especially in the HD tvs.. Unfortunately this has restricted my tv view to only 10 HD channels most of the time..I don't enjoy the History, Discovery Science channel and others any more :(

dude.. videocon is cheaper. hands down.

In TS to get all 11 you will end up paying something like 510 pm (Grand Sports Pack + HD Access Fee). One time cost is 6480

In D2h to get 22 HD you end up paying 442 pm (Platinum HD pack). One time cost is ~ 4500

But there is a catch. I believe videocon is out of the DVR boxes. Their website has also taken down the details for the DVR box. The one-time costs mentioned above are considering the DVR box.

And of course: VoD and 5.1/7.1 sound is only available on TS.

Also (this is my personal opinion) i feel the videocon box is in general a little clunky as compared to the TS on plain performance and handling.

In Grand Sports Pack these TS guys are not providing Ten Channels...so we have to subscribe to all the Ten Channels in case TS launches Ten HD...

thnx ajuravi. missed that bit.Theres one other aspect to this too.There are quite a few HD channels which are not simulcast (more or less)Eg: ESPN HD, TEN HD, Star Gold HD, Discovery HD, NGC HD.Whats the point of getting an SD channel which is airing some other program that i dont want to see?

Altogether we would end up paying Rs. 7,200 PA or we have to opt for Mega HD Pack for Rs. 6400...in my case i have to opt for MEga South HD Pack for Rs. 6,900...If i go with D2Hi would end up paying Rs. 5290 (south platinum HD) for almost 14 Months....which means for a year i would be paying Rs. 4534...this means i would be saving Rs. 2,400 Per year...i could recover my d2h PVR box Cost of Rs. 5500 (Rs. 6000 - 1 month free South Platinum HD Pack) in 2.1 years....

@ ^ and get more HD content in the bargain at least for the coming 6 month period ;-)

I guess they have done it keeping in mind the launch of GSAT-10. When they start giving us 20 to 30 HD channels the 100 rupee access fee wont hurt.

in HD, how much stream you gets HD? i dont have ill for them, why they push for SD to watch HD, i manage my SD, if they dont broadcast true HD.......

I guess they have done it keeping in mind the launch of GSAT-10. When they start giving us 20 to 30 HD channels the 100 rupee access fee wont hurt.

This could be the reason they are doing these activities...

I will opt for Grand Sports PAck with Tensports mean i would end up paying Rs. 540 PM....

I will wait and watch what TS is upto once GSAT 10 transponders are given to TS...

in HD, how much stream you gets HD? i dont have ill for them, why they push for SD to watch HD, i manage my SD, if they dont broadcast true HD.......

HUH :shock: .. I Read the above sentence 5 times and im still trying to comprehend what exactly you are trying to say .. .Please explain these " in HD, how much stream you gets HD " and " i dont have ill for them " and " i manage my SD "

Back