Tata Sky DTH: Its time to move on

• Thread starter Thread starter vsfree2003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 13,034

vsfree2003

ISP
AIRTEL
After installing tata-sky in march 2006 , now i want to move on with some other dth service. Please advice me which is currently best value for money.

It actually isn't time to move on since you want to stick to DTH. Dth has been prevailing since approx 4-5years back and has seen ever increasing growth in the Industry the expected growth rate speculated is quite high and since dth advancements stay at the topmost in latest TV service there is much more dynamic changes to be taken by Tata Sky and much more innovation to support the interest of consumer.

Try Videocon Dth service, i checked it out last week in the store, very nice quality on big LCDs and good price too. i m planning to get it myself once my old Zee dishtv subscription is over

It actually isn't time to move on since you want to stick to DTH. Dth has been prevailing since approx 4-5years back and has seen ever increasing growth in the Industry the expected growth rate speculated is quite high and since dth advancements stay at the topmost in latest TV service there is much more dynamic changes to be taken by Tata Sky and much more innovation to support the interest of consumer.

Why? paying more and receive channels less compared other DTH. I'm tatasky subscribers since 2006 and say definitely there is no improvement in TataSky. I can say better to opt AIRTEL nowadays.

Why? paying more and receive channels less compared other DTH. I'm Tata Sky subscribers since 2006 and say definitely there is no improvement in TataSky. I can say better to opt AIRTEL nowadays.

Alongwith channels DTh has lot more to offer and since you are a customer of Tata Sky you must be aware of their prompt customer service, regular offers tied up with good brands (Disney, Cartoon network recent offers) active service defining the control of TV like a puppet to leverage our need of something more that we expect from TV. Above all its R&D wishes to give what is best for customers hence its recent trend indicates addition of channels. Is there any other sector or Industry above DTH?

alongwith channels dth has lot more to offer and since you are a customer of Tata Sky you must be aware of their prompt customer service, regular offers tied up with good brands (disney, cartoon network recent offers) active service defining the control of tv like a puppet to leverage our need of something more that we expect from tv. Above all its r&d wishes to give what is best for customers hence its recent trend indicates addition of channels. Is there any other sector or industry above dth?

iptv

@TopicIf u wanna change, den go for Videocon D2H. It gives all channels in Rs 275 including all sports channels.

Alongwith channels DTh has lot more to offer and since you are a customer of Tata Sky you must be aware of their prompt customer service, regular offers tied up with good brands (Disney, Cartoon network recent offers) active service defining the control of TV like a puppet to leverage our need of something more that we expect from TV. Above all its R&D wishes to give what is best for customers hence its recent trend indicates addition of channels. Is there any other sector or Industry above DTH?

Im paying rupees 200 and getting following channels in Airtel, can you receive these below channels with TataSky?
South Super Value Pack (101) channels list below:
Business News( 2)
CNBC AWAAZ CNBC TV18
Entertainment( 35)
ASIANET PLUS Chardikala Time TV DD Bharati DD Chandana
DD Gujarati DD KASHMIRI DD Lok Sabha DD NE
DD Oriya DD Podhigai DD Punjabi DD Rajya Sabha
DD Sahyadri DD1 Home Shop 18 Jaya Max
KAIRALI TV KALAINGAR TV Kasthuri Mahua
Makkal TV Mi Marathi Nepal One OTV
PTC PUNJABI Sirippoli STAR MAJHA STAR PLUS
Star Pravah STAR VIJAY STAR JALSHA STAR UTSAV
Suvarna SURYA TV ZOOM
HELP( 1)
Infotainment( 3)
DD GYAN DARSHAN HISTORY CHANNEL NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL
Kids( 2)
DISNEY TOON DISNEY
Lifestyle( 1)
FASHION TV
Movies( 1)
Channel 8
Music( 3)
B4U MUSIC CHANNEL V MH1
News( 24)
TV9 Gujarati 24 GHANTA Asianet News CNEB News
CNN IBN DD News ETV 2 IBN 7
IBN Lokmat India News Indiavision INDIA TV
MANORAMA NEWS NDTV INDIA News Live News24
NTV PTC News RUSSIA TODAY STAR ANANDA
STAR NEWS TIMES NOW Total TV TV9 KANNADA
Regional( 14)
Akash Bangla Amrita TV ASIANET DD Bangla
DD Urdu ETV ETV Kannada ETV Urdu
Isaiaruvi Jaya Plus JAYA TV KIRAN TV
NE TV TV9 Telugu Raj TV SunTV
Religious Channels( 8)
AASTHA ANGEL TV BHAKTI TV GOD TV
MH1 SHRADHA SANSKAR SRI VENKETESWARA Subhavaartha
Sports( 1)
DD SPORTS

English Pluss (include all Infotainment and English movies channels): 110 per month
Ten Sports (Topup)- 75 rupees for 3 months.
ESPN plus (Espn, Stat and Star sports)(Topup) - 30 rupees per month
Discovery plus (Topup) - 20 rupees per month

Total for per month 200 rupees include tax. Please compare with tatasky and then say about which is better.

I can say airtel provide online movie tickets and more games but I don't know how much for usage.

Most of channels not even base pack in tatsky package. Now, hope you understand why tatasky viewers thinking to move another DTH.

You can go for Videocon Dth. I have also shifted from Tata Sky to videocon D2h last month.their picture and sound quality is very good.If you recharge with one year top up ,then you will get all the channels at Rs.240 per month.

On cost front, there is no doubt that Tata Sky is expensive. New entrants can pick and choose from several available in the market.But, there is no equivalent or substitute for TS +. Those who want a different viewing experience have no other choice than TS+. They can1. Record (even programmes that clash) and watch later, in free time. 2. Record popular serials and movies and watch them later in 60% of the time skipping the long, boring and repetitive ads. Saving in viewing time without loss of viewing quality is to be experienced to be believed.3. One can go to sleep and wake up at normal times and miss none of the goodies.One must put down his priorities before jumping in.

Back